cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikhsub1
Active Contributor

"LogMeIn Client" is not optimized for your Mac.

Does logmein not give a crap about their software of the Mac anymore? I've been getting this message for months now.Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 10.40.19 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Logmein Crashes with the new Mojave release.

@nikhsub1  LMI Client v4.1.0.6934 resolved this problem.  Make sure all your clients have updated software, and please let us know if the issue persists. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: "LogMeIn Client" is not optimized for your Mac.

Hi @nikhsub1

We do have plans to release a 64 bit version of our software but, I currently do not have a release date that I can share. While High Sierra shows this message about 32 bit applications, they continue to function normally and Apple has not ended support for them yet. After clicking OK that message should not be displayed again for that application.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
BBichler

But with the announcement of Mac OS10.14 today they are moving rapidly to the day when they will not support 32 bit apps any longer.  I would STRONGLY suggest that LogMeIn accelerate their development to ensure that your Mac users are not left behind this fall.  At the very least provide us with a time table so we can make appropriate plans if you are unable to support us.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @BBichler,

Not to worry, we will be ready in time for the official release of OS 10.14  The only reason I can think of you having any issues, is if you are using beta releases in advance of the official release.

nikhsub1
Active Contributor

Now my posts are being marked as spam? 

I routinely have the logmein app beachball, freeze, crash and have to force quit it. This happens with regularity. You guys clearly don't give a **bleep** about the mac app at all. I even have certain servers that WILL CRASH, meaning the server I am connecting to will crash if I connect to them with my mac. If I connect with my windows VM then they are fine - so I am forced to use my VM more than I care to. Your mac software stinks donkey dung and I'm sick and **bleep**ing tired of it not working right.

Jason_Robert

I am getting this same message and running 10.13.5

Simultaneously, any audio I stream from my host computers is playing back at what appears to be half speed. Is this related? Do you know what is causing the sudden change of audio playback? It was working fine 2 days ago.

Jason

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Jason_Robert,

No, it is not related to this message. All this message means is that the current LogMeIn software is not 64 bit. 

If you connect from a different computer do you expereince the same audio issue? What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

nikhsub1
Active Contributor

Now the logmein app just flat out closes, no warning, nothing. I am on Mac OS Mojave though... seems rather odd to pay over $4k/year for logmein only to have their client not **bleep**ing work? It's like willingly banging your head against a brick wall for fun. Who runs a business like this? 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @nikhsub1

Mojave  is a beta OS release at this time, so it is not supported yet.

nikhsub1
Active Contributor

Yes I realize that it is not supported - that doesn't change the fact that the Mac OS client is grossly out of date and has been for over a year.