cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sci109
Active Contributor

Re: "LogMeIn Client" is not optimized for your Mac.

I am also using the Mojave beta (on my personal mac) and have learned to deal with the crashing. As long as you remain in the LMI session and don't switch to another app LMI works fine... switching apps crashes it everytime. Mojave has a few bugs so I'm willing to accept the issue for now, seems strange that the same error is present through all the betas and several LMI client updates. 

bradhs
Active Contributor

That's true, as long as you stay in LogMeIn you're fine.  The moment you switch to another app it will crash.

Hopefully the fix is out when Apple goes to production with 10.14 Mojave.  That will happen in 10 days.

HenrikC
Active Contributor

Hey hey hey... We shouldn't stress them out. They're busy boasting on Twitter and social over their hackathons, their wonderful workplace, all their awards and what more. I honesltly have no idea what anyone else than the social team does. Support not on par with cost, central is not on par with cost,  LMI app on mac is like unsuable and not to mention the remote experience... 

Any other normal company use a macOS beta period as a good chance to have their clients test the beta client of their app. But not logmein. Have never happaned and probably never will. Ridicilous. 

So unsatisfied with the whole LMI "experience" atm. 

bradhs
Active Contributor

I think the LogMeIn Client now works with Mojave.  At least it's not crashing for me anymore. I'm on Version 4.1.6900 (PlugIn: 1.0.1925).  

HenrikC
Active Contributor

Not here. Haven't updated to beta 10 yet though...

Screenshot 2018-09-04 at 22.42.58.png

bradhs
Active Contributor

I'm no on Beta 10,  I'm on 10.14 Beta (18A377a) which I believe is Beta 9.  

You know another thing that may have "fixed" it was I maximimzed the LogMeIn screen while I was in a session.  That's really all that I can think of.  Either way, it's working and not crashing at  the moment.  (And I'm constantly in/out of sessions.)

scubadrew
Active Contributor

Having issues with MACOS clients as well. They are sluggish, crash often, are 32-bit still, lacking most features. Awful performance compared to any other remote screen sharing app. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@scubadrew   I am sorry to hear that.

Could you provide us some more information about the Mac OS, what applications are running in parallel with Central, and what the Applications Manager looks like?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
scubadrew
Active Contributor

Sure. I'm a little confused why you mention GoToMeeting though. We are talking about LogMeIn central here.
Also, I don't know what "Applications Manager" is.
We've tested over 50 macs on various OS's. Primarily High Sierra 10.13.x. They range from macminis to brand new macbook pros with 32gb ram. We have a range of software from basically bare OS (macmini's acting as file servers) to laptops with typical business software - outlook, chrome, slack, etc. They are behave roughly the same - remote sessions are laggy and the server application is prone to crashing. Compared to Apple's buit in VNC, teamviewer, or even Slack's screen sharing - LMI is by far the worst performing.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@scubadrew I apologize for the G2M mention, I was active in both forums and had my products mixed. 

This specific tool is formally known as the Activity Monitor, and here is an overview from Apple:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201464

I was wondering if there was anything running there that might be hogging some resources, but you say that you've compared Central with other screen sharing applications, so this may not be relevant.

What kind of delay are you seeing when you click / activate something on an affected host Mac?   Are they in different locations / company environments with shared networks?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!