cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scubadrew
Active Contributor

Re: "LogMeIn Client" is not optimized for your Mac.

No problem @AshC - I get it 🙂

Right, I'm not talking about one or a few systems where perhaps they were having some type of resource constraint due to other software running. I'm talking about 50+ systems, in a variety of conditions.

If you read through this (and many other threads) you'll find the MacOS LMI software is woefully out of date. 32 bit applications are about to be completely phased out, yet LMI still runs 32 bit today.

My guess is that MacOS accounts for a small portion of the systems managed and thus few resources are dedicated to improving the Mac software.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@scubadrew I have good news for those affected Mac clients.  We should be updating the Mac OS version in the coming weeks to support 64 bit and Mojave.  The current ETA is mid October.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
scubadrew
Active Contributor

Great thanks. That means the software will continue to run.

Any word on the mac client getting any love? How about the "Dashboard" available on the console for PCs? Or host packages?

Xebrawerx
Active Contributor

I'm worried the current version of LMI will break under Mojave this coming Monday. Then I'll be unable to reach end-users until a fix is out sometime next month.
Does the current version of LMI work at all with Mojave?

HenrikC
Active Contributor

Yes. But it will crash if you command tab out from it or in any other way don't leave it as top front window. As long as you have the remote session and/or another LMI remote session active you're fine. Well... Except the normal LMI **bleep**tyness, flaws and shortcomings of the mac version. Like that hosts all of a sudden are renamed to 'localhost', lack of feautres in central like the windows clients and all that have... But that have only been a problem for like forever so I guess we need to have more patience and send them more money. =/ 

HenrikC
Active Contributor

small addition... As always you should never update production systems with new OS versions immediatly though. But you already know that. 😃 But good to mention anyways... 

nikhsub1
Active Contributor

And companies like LMI should be running these betas to develop new software for us - something they NEVER DO. I am sick and tired of their BS frankly.

Xebrawerx
Active Contributor

Thanks for early warning about bugginess.
They've had six months to get ready for the rollout but it will be released one month late. 

My concern is twofold:
- What will I see on my end
- What other users will do with Mojave before consulting with me

bradhs
Active Contributor

It's no stable, we are expecting major issues with all of our Mac clients who have LogMeIn and install Mojave.

Xebrawerx
Active Contributor

I've asked end-users not to install Mojave until things shake out. I've suggested months. But that will not stop a few from just doing it. 
So come Sept 24 there will be a raft of calls, texts, and emails.