cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradhs
Active Contributor

Re: "LogMeIn Client" is not optimized for your Mac.

The LogMeIn Client is terrible on the Mac, beachball, lockups and just slow.  And, that is correct, the LogMein plugin does not work with MacOS Mojave's version of Safari.  This has more to do with Safari than LogMeIn but Apple has been warning plugin developers to update their apps for a while now...

FYI LastPass is also broken on MacOS Mojave.

I have a feeling that LogMeIn outsources their Mac development.    They don't come close to the quality of the Windows version. Would be nice to get them to parity.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@bradhs HI Brad,

Sorry for the difficulty.

If you are attempting to utilize LMI services on a BETA version of Mac OS, such as Mojave, you will have to wait a couple weeks post-final-release (fully supported by Apple) in order for us to ensure that all the functions work properly.  While systems are in the BETA testing phase, results may be unpredictable.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
nikhsub1
Active Contributor

That's nice and all, but the logmein client has been outdated for several OS releases now... it's just sad.

bradhs
Active Contributor

That's the problem really... The client is still 32 bit, cpu util is high.  Thankfully I have Splashtop and TeamViewer both work just fine on Mojave. 

mettacom

Is there a beta version of the LogMeIn client for OSX available that might be more stable on OSX Mojave?

nikhsub1
Active Contributor

@mettacom wrote:

Is there a beta version of the LogMeIn client for OSX available that might be more stable on OSX Mojave?

Their stance is that Majave is beta so screw anyone running it.

ShammamCS
Active Contributor

@AshC wrote:

@bradhs HI Brad,

Sorry for the difficulty.

If you are attempting to utilize LMI services on a BETA version of Mac OS, such as Mojave, you will have to wait a couple weeks post-final-release (fully supported by Apple) in order for us to ensure that all the functions work properly.  While systems are in the BETA testing phase, results may be unpredictable.

Hi @AshC, this warning message has been showing up on MacOS since High Sierra.  It's just more prominent now since this is the last OS version that will support 32 bit applications.   Also, not sure if this matters or not but I'm not having any issues with Splashtop, TeamViewer, join.me or Remote Desktop.  The join.me development team does a good job with Mac support, it might be a good idea to have some of those developers talk to the LogMeIn dev team.  

nikhsub1
Active Contributor

it might be a good idea to have some of those developers talk to the LogMeIn dev team.  

LOL! There is no logmein mac dev team!

ShammamCS
Active Contributor

@nikhsub1 wrote:

it might be a good idea to have some of those developers talk to the LogMeIn dev team.  

LOL! There is no logmein mac dev team!

Oh, I didn't know that.  LogMeIn owns join.me and that app works great.  Oh well, trying to live without it for now.

lynskey29er
Active Contributor

Strange part is that it will run with NO OTHER apps/programs running.  The minute I open Excel, Mail or anything else...it just crashes.  Any time frame on the release of the new version...this is maddening!