cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Manager

Getting Started in the LogMeIn Community

New to the LogMeIn Community? Here is some help to get you started!

Registration For First-Time Visitors

If you have an existing LogMeIn account:

1. Click 'Register.'
  2. Log in using your LogMeIn account username and password.
  3. Create a community username that will appear next to your posts in the community.
  4. Start participating in the LogMeIn Community!

If you do NOT have a LogMeIn account:

1. Click 'Register.'
  2. Click ‘Sign Up.’
  3. Once you complete registration, navigate back to the community.
  4. Log in using your LogMeIn account username and password.
  5. Create a community username that will appear next to your posts in the community.
  6. Start participating in the LogMeIn Community!

Signing In For Returning Visitors

1. Click 'Sign In.'
  2. Enter your LogMeIn username and password.
  3. Start participating in the LogMeIn Community!

Creating Your Community Username

Your LogMeIn Community username will be your external facing ID to the whole community. Choose it carefully, and please follow these guidelines:

1. Do not use bad language in your username.
  2. Do not include an advertisement of your company in your username. Specifically, do not include an Internet URL.
  3. Do not choose a name that could identify you as a LogMeIn employee.

Navigating The Community

The LogMeIn Community comprises a number of product discussion boards, each one dedicated to support-related discussions about a specific LogMeIn product. Browse the forums by clicking through them or use the search feature to find the answers you are looking for. Sidebars on each page highlight the top posts, and important announcements or valuable content may be floated to the top of a board for viewing.

Managing Your Profile

Click on your username to view your community profile. To customize your community profile, choose ‘My Settings.’ Complete your profile by choosing an avatar, adding some personal information, adjusting your display preferences, and more.

Posting And Replying

Start a new topic on a board by clicking the ‘Start a Topic’ button. Click the ‘Reply’ button on an existing post to respond to it.

Subscribing To Posts And Boards

When you post to a board, you are automatically subscribed to receive email notifications when someone replies to your post. You can receive notifications whenever a post is made to a particular board by subscribing to it. On the board, choose ‘Subscribe.’ To manage your subscriptions, click on your profile.

Community Ranks

As you participate in the LogMeIn Community, you may move through ranks based on your activity and the quality of your contributions. The LogMeIn Community needs participation from its members in order to help us ALL collectively learn more. Share your best practices, your tips and technical know-how, and provide solutions and support to your fellow LogMeIn users, and you will be recognized as a valued community member!

Community Help

If you have questions or issues about how to participate in the LogMeIn Community, our Community staff are here to help you. 

Community Guidelines

Our mission is to create an amazing community experience where LogMeIn customers are able to find the answers to their questions about LogMeIn products, share their knowledge with each other, and have fun making meaningful connections in the community.

We encourage you to visit often, read a lot, and participate in the discussions. Ask your toughest questions - chances are someone in the community has a solution or can point you in the right direction. If you find a solution that works, let others know and pass on your own tips and insights. You might just have the answer someone else needs!

Please read the Community Terms of Service and the Community Guidelines about engaging with the LogMeIn Community.

Lisa_K8 is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

8 REPLIES
Active Contributor

Re: Getting Started in the LogMeIn Community

It would be better to write this

"The LogMeIn Community is composed of a number of product discussion boards..."

like this

"The LogMeIn Community comprises a number of product discussion boards..."

LogMeIn Manager

Thank you @Chris! I will update the copy. #grammarpolice

Active Contributor

I see these two statements in the previous reply:

But, how do we do either?  I tried clicking everything around there and found no way to mark an accepted solution or to give a Kudo.

BTW: This new spell check is going to drive me crazy!

... And the "invalid HTML" that was mysteriously found in my message and forces me to do another step. What's up with that?

New Contributor

Как устранить VPN ошибку?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Chris Droessler this is great feedback thank you keep it coming! 

1) To mark a post as an accepted solution: if you are the poriginal poster of the topic, you will see the button "accept as solution" on each reply to your thread. If one of those replies helped resolve your issue, you can click on the "accept as solution" button to mark it as the solution to your question. So right now, this is only available to the person who originally started the topic/asked the question.

Have you been finding solutions to threads you did not start, but that are not marked? We could certainly use the help in getting more solutions marked! Would you like to help us with that?

2) You should see on each post a pink thumbs up hand in the lower left corner, with the words "kudo" next to it. Whenever you see a post that is helpful or that you like, you can click on that thumbs up to add your kudo to the post.

3) Spell check: can you tell me more about what is bothering you about the spell check? I can look into this and make some adjustments!

4) Invalid HTML: can you take me through the steps you took to recreate this error? 

Sincerely,
Lisa Kate
LogMeIn Community Manager

Active Contributor

I am no longer getting the html errors.  I was getting them every time I posted a reply.

The spell check is no longer automatic, you have to click the spell check icon to have it check the spelling.  The old system put a line under misspelled words as an alert.  Now there are no automatic alerts, so it is too easy to send off a message with spelling errors.  And if you do a spell check one time, and ignore the underlined word "html" and then add another line of text, you have to hit the spell check button again, even though you see the "html" underlined, the system will not look for new misspelled words until you hit the spell-check button.  That's probably why you had a misspelling in your reply. 

Active Contributor

On the old system you could reply to an individual message within a discussion.  Then the reply would be just under and indented from the message it was referring to.  Now, if there are 10 messages on one page for a single discussion, replying to any of the messages puts my new message at the bottom of the page, rather then being associated with a specific message higher up on the page.

Active Contributor

At the bottom of my About page, I find "Upload An Image" under "My Photos."  If I click that, it takes me to an Albums page where I cannot figure out how to upload an image.  Is that where I change my icon?