cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DQ1
New Contributor

2FA for LogMeIn Hamachi

Hi,

We've been using LogMeIn Hamachi for many years very successfully for our small business.  We're reviewing and modernising out security and would like to add some form of security to joining our mesh.

Is there anyway to configure Hamachi such that it needs a log-in on connection, ideally 2FA?

It can't see any reference to this, so I'm assuming there isn't so is there a way to wrap Hamachi in another product to provide the 2FA?

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: 2FA for LogMeIn Hamachi

@DQ1  I'm afraid we don't have any specific 2FA integrations with Hamachi at this time.  

For more info around Hamachi security and how we authenticate each user login, please see this reference page:  https://www.vpn.net/security 

DQ1
New Contributor

Thanks for the response AshC.

I get that Hamachi is very secure and administering the network is secured but it would appear that once granted, membership of the network is permanent.

If an endpoint that is connected is lost / stolen or otherwise compromised then access to the Hamachi network is automatic.  If we are aware of the breach then obviously we can kick the endpoint from the network.

It would give my management team a lot of comfort if joining the network each day required some authentication.

My day job requires me to connect to many different VPNs and they all require a username / password and most are 2FA in some form.  It does feel like a glaring hole in the functionality of Hamachi at this point.

Is there somewhere to raise enhancement requests?

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@DQ1  I've edited this post to include the 'Idea' tag, which will get reviewed by the product team when considering new enhancements.