cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Cannot Install Hamachi

A friend and I used LogMeIn's service for nearly a year, and it worked just fine throughout that time, however, recently Hamachi has been giving my friend issues.  Everytime he tried to open Hamachi, he'd get an error stating a that he was unable to connect to Hamachi's LogMeIn server.  He tried to uninstall Hamachi and reinstall a newer version.

He deleted the folder for Hamachi, but an error popped up, saying that not all files were deleted (some were being used elsewhere, even though nothing else was opened).  He stopped attempting to delete the folder after several  of the same errors.  Eventually, he just went online to download the newest version.

However, as soon as the installer was downloaded, an error was stated.  "LogMeIn Hamachi version 2.2.0.258 has been detected on your computer. Would like to proceed with an update?”  He clicked 'Yes'.  Next box brought up asked if he'd like to attach client to LogMeIn account.  'Yes'.

Another message appears:  “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resourxe that is unabailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ‘hamachi update’ in the box below.”  Clicks 'Ok', however, another error message:  “The file 'C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\LogMeInHamachi’ is not a valid installation package for the product LogMeIn Hamachi. Try to find the installation package ‘hamachi-update’ in a folder from which you can install LogMeIn Hamachi.”  Hitting 'Ok' brings it back to the previous message.  We used the search to find any files stating 'hamachi-update', but were not able to do so.

I've searched on several other help messages on this website, but none seem to help uninstall or reinstall Hamachi on his computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Cannot Install Hamachi

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\LogMeIn Hamachi\

2 REPLIES
New Contributor

Bump.

I have the exact same problem.

I've followed almost all the solutions out there posted by others and have yet to find a solution.

Deleted all folders, regedit, temp files and everything related to hamachi. Hidden folders included. 

Yet, still receving [previousversion] error during installation.

Would be glad if someone could assist on the matter. Re-installation of Windows OS is just too troublesome.

PC Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate

i7 930 2.8ghz

6gb ram

120gb ssd + 2tb wd green hdd

msi gtx 560ti 1gb

andyson f650 psu

regards,

Zac

New Contributor

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\LogMeIn Hamachi\