I sometimes use Free Hamachi to access my PC from elsewhere but the performance is slow, I assume because I have slow internet Upload speeds.
So I have tried Remote Desktop Connection, which works. But when I disconnect Remote Desktop Connection, logmein Hamachi also disconnects on the remote pc so I cant access it again.
Searching the knowledge base and internet it seems people think running the following .bat file before disconnecting solves this problem. They also confirm this is a known problem with free hamachi.
tscon 0 /dest:console
tscon 1 /dest:console
tscon 2 /dest:console
1. Do I run this on my pc I am using or on the remote pc I am accessing using Remote Desktop connection?
2. It does not seem to work on either (all I notice is that I get my user logon screen and I enter my password, nothing else visible happens)....but Hamachi still disconnects.
3. After running the .bat file what should I do next? I still have Remote Desktop Connection running on my pc so I close it.
4. I dont understand the last line of the .bat (I assume I need it?)
ps. I understand once I find my session id using query user I might only need 1 of the first 3 lines of the .bat file.
2. It does not seem to work on either (all I notice is that I get my user logon screen and I enter my password, nothing else visible happens)....but Hamachi still disconnects (I ASSUME AFTER I close REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION in step 3 below).
Did you by any chance install Hamachi durring a RDP session? because if so you'll need to uninstall and then reinstall Hamachi while you're locally infront of the machine.
I de-installed the software again (complete, allowed it remove user-settings and everything) via RDP.
Then attached a screen and keyboard and installed it directly on the machine.
=> does not make a difference, when I disconnect my RDP session (either directly over the LAN or via Hamachi).
It seems the Hamachi software simply goes offline whenever it notices there is no-one sitting behind the screen.
This is the work around I am using:
1.- Create the text file "KeepMeIn.bat" containing:
set /p pass=Enter password:
for /f "tokens=3 delims= " %%a in ('qwinsta^| findstr "Act"') do set SessionID=%%a
tscon %SessionID% /dest:console /password:%pass% && Rundll32.exe User32.dll,LockWorkStation
2.- Place the file in "C:\Program Files (x86)" or equivalent
3.- Right click on "KeepMeIn.bat" --> Send to --> Desktop (Create a shortcut) or equivalent
4.- Right click over the shortcut --> Properties --> Advanced Options --> Run as administrator
Instead of using the "X" to close the session or Windows --> Disconnect , use the shortcut. It redirects the GUI to the console and keeps it open allowing Hamachi to keep connected.
I hope this helps.