cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Hamachi USB Flash drive

Hi, Im using the Free Hamachi version. Is it possible to create a USB Flash drive that will be inserted to comptuers and without needing to install Hamachi on a local computer, connect to the remote computer. I've searched the forums and only solution I found is installing Hamachi directly onto the USB Flash Drive and when I tried it said unable to connect to engine.
7 REPLIES 7
New Contributor

Re: Hamachi USB Flash drive

That's exactly what I need. A utility that runs on Portable Apps in particular, would be perfect. This way I could connect to any of my client networks when needed. I am also setting up a new client on Hamachi commercial for their sales staff to access a particular app on the server. It would be perfect if they could simply carry Hamachi along with the application on a flash drive and run it from a customer's system when required instead of lugging around their laptop or for those not so equiped it would save them the cost of buying a laptop.

But one thing I'm wondering is if anyone from LogMeIn actually reads these forums because I see very few replies here to posts that are in some cases, many months old.

New Contributor

Bump

New Contributor

Super bump!!

I need this so my classmates can play with me Minecraft over Hamachi without having to use administrator privileges to install.

I hate administration privileges. They're so stupid. Whoever made them was a SOPA, lol.

Back to the subject, on PortableApps.com, someone (if I'm not mistaken and if I haven't mixed something up) repackaged Hamachi, but repackaging was/is against LogMeIn's EULA so it got removed.

Could you (admins) pleeeease change the EULA so we can all repackage Hamachi to make it portable so we can all play Minecraft without the stupid school administration permission?

Or could you make a portable version yourself if you don't feel comfortable with other people repackaging your stuff?

New Contributor

I believe the issue may have already been attended to:

www dot  youtube dot com forward-shlash watch?v=EiTMy_x63NI

This link does NOT belong to me. I am NOT advertising this. It is simply a possible, downloadable solution.

There is a Hamachi 2 portable version, that may work w/ or w/out admin privaleges. Just make sure to have a LogMeIn ID first!

New Contributor

Portable USB version

Is it possible to install/run hamachi from a USB drive so i can access my stupid files at home from a public library or at school?

Thanks

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Portable USB version

@lt72884  Sorry, at this time, only LMI Central and Pro services offer downloads for USB functionality.

Reference:  https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Where-can-I-download-the-LogMeIn-Client-for-USB-Former-I...

New Contributor

Re: Portable USB version

Oh snap! Ok cool. I may have to buy the cheapest version of pro. I have an ssh server at home BUT last week, i lost acess to the router and so my firewall settings are no more. It wasnt my router anyway. So now im connected to another wifi, in which i do not have access to the router again, so i use hamachi free on the server and client so i can ssh into the server and grab mah files, but not all libraries and campises allow me to install hamchi free on their equipment, hence the portable version haha

Thanks