cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Hamachi Windows 7 Inbound Traffic Blocked

When I tried to connect to one of my friends to try out a minecraft mod with her...

Local results:
	Adapter configuration: OK
	Traffic test: OK
Peer results: [189-401-324]
	Traffic test: Inbound traffic blocked, check firewall settings

... I wasn't able to; I got this message from the diagnose system.  I completely disabled both windows and my router firewall, and disabled AVG as well, but still couldn't get a ping to work on them.

7 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Hamachi Windows 7 Inbound Traffic Blocked

Hi Melissia,

The diagnosis shows that the firewall settings are wrong on your peer's computer.

She should modify the settings, not you.

Zsolt is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

New Contributor

I also have a problem with the inbound traffic but what is peer results suposed to mean

Local results:
	Traffic test: OK
Peer results: [185-297-436]
	Traffic test: Inbound traffic blocked, check firewall settings
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi UndeadDehaka,

The peer result means that the firewall settings of the _other_computer_ are not properly configured.

Let your peer (friend, colleague, etc) know that they need to allow Hamachi through their firewall for a proper and flawless connection.

New Contributor

My friend has Hamachi installed and up to date. But on Windows Firewall under Inbound Rules, LogMeIn Hamachi isn't even listed. If my friend diagnoses me within my own network, it has the same peer problem on his end. I have all the LogMeIn fields on my Inbound Rules trusted.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi,

I suggest creating an Inbound & Outbound rule for Hamachi. That's the best way to ensure it works properly.

New Contributor

What ports are those
New Contributor

I'm usinbg WIndows 10 but I'm sure it similar. If using WIndows FIrewall, you need to set a rule/exception for Himachi. If using AVG (I am using Ultimate) here is my response to the AVG community:

I recently had this problem when I started using Himachi again with AVG Ultimate and found that you need to add a "packet rules" named Himachi, Action - Allow, Protocol - All (probably could limit to TCP or UDP but decided not to try), Direction - In/Out, Address - blank. This is to be set on all computers accessing the Himachi network. This is under AVG Menu> Settings> Components> Enhanced Firewall > Policies.

Himachi dedicates a specific IP address to each client so you can enter each client in the Address column but they would require multiple entries and I found it was not necessary. All my network settings are set to "Private."