cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venom12

Hamachi is blocking my wifi windows 10

So I have a friend who's having trouble with Hamachi I figured I'd try to help him out since he's not as computer savvy as I am. His issue routes from Hamachi blocking his Network 1 Wifi, blocking it off completely at times; for an hour or more sometimes. I'm not sure what the complete issue is as I've not had issues with this but it may be that his computer is super old 8+ years and that may be why there's conflicting issues but I want to be sure before I tell him he probably has to buy a  new PC since on the market they're expensive, his was a custom build, runs Windows 10. If you have a fix to this problem I'd much appreciate it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SupCas
Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi is blocking my wifi windows 10

It´s possible that the hamachi network driver got a higher priority over the wifi or lan adapter.

To check that you need to go to the control panel, network and internet, network connections, properties of the wifi adapter. Now select "internet protocol version 4" and go to properties.

Something like this:

Network sharing tab randomly disappeared Windows 10. - Microsoft ...

Now click on "advanced"

How to change the network adapter settings in Windows to ...

When the "advanced" windows opens you´ll see this:

How to arrange network connection on Windows 10

That intercafe metric needs to have a lower number than the Hamachi adapter. If it´s automatic uncheck the box and put a number 1, for example.

Do the same thing to the lan adapter if you want. Put number 2 for it.

Now go to the Hamachi adpater and in the same spot make sure it got a high number, like 9000. No problem with that.

If you do that your windows will know which network adapter got the priority when it starts. Wifi, Lan and then Hamachi, and it should never try to use Hamachi and the primary.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
szametu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hamachi breaks my WiFi!

run hamachi, go to preferences. choose settings - scroll down to ip protocol mode - choose ip v6. save. reboot pc. 

regards

szametu

Jabooo
New Contributor

Didn't work. everything happened exactly as it did before.

Tamamo_No_Mae_
New Contributor

Hamachi blocks access to wifi in Windows 8.1

Whenever I want to connect a wifi connection after moving my laptop Hamachi does everything it can to make me not be able to access internet at all. The only way I've been able to bybass it is if I restart my laptop and Disable the **bleep** HAMACHI Ethernet port albeit it wanting to use Hamachi for stuff this **bleep** is **bleep**ING annoying As hell.

SupCas
Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi is blocking my wifi windows 10

It´s possible that the hamachi network driver got a higher priority over the wifi or lan adapter.

To check that you need to go to the control panel, network and internet, network connections, properties of the wifi adapter. Now select "internet protocol version 4" and go to properties.

Something like this:

Network sharing tab randomly disappeared Windows 10. - Microsoft ...

Now click on "advanced"

How to change the network adapter settings in Windows to ...

When the "advanced" windows opens you´ll see this:

How to arrange network connection on Windows 10

That intercafe metric needs to have a lower number than the Hamachi adapter. If it´s automatic uncheck the box and put a number 1, for example.

Do the same thing to the lan adapter if you want. Put number 2 for it.

Now go to the Hamachi adpater and in the same spot make sure it got a high number, like 9000. No problem with that.

If you do that your windows will know which network adapter got the priority when it starts. Wifi, Lan and then Hamachi, and it should never try to use Hamachi and the primary.

Seacrux

Network adapters gone after uninstalling Hamachi?

I think Hamachi has royally screwed up my computer ever since I uninstalled it. I installed on Oct. 18th because I know it's an easier solution than port forwarding and setting up a static IP, but I had a few problems with it a couple days ago so I uninstalled / reinstalled, and had it working again until last night.

I turned off the automatic startup for Hamachi, but when I turned my computer on yesterday I didn't have wifi at all. I checked my network adapters, nothing but Hamachi / Ethernet. My other computers in the house were working fine. So I tried to turn on Hamachi to see if it would help, tried resetting, nothing. Next I uninstalled it, restarted, still no wifi. Now my computer only had an ethernet adapter and no hamachi adapter. I did some more digging and went into my devices, it didn't show up there either until I found out it was hidden. Clicked properties, and got error 45 : "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"  ??????

Now I'm really confused, because this is a brand new laptop, never been bumped touched dropped etc and it's been working perfectly fine until hamachi, so I know it's not a direct hardware problem. I found only two other people by googling that had the same problem, one never found a solution, and the other couldn't find a fix besides a system restore. I tried everything, made sure Hamachi was fully uninstalled, checked my registry, did an sfc / dism scan, tried updating my drivers, EVERYTHING. Nothing worked. 

Finally I decided to just uninstall the drivers through the device manager, and reinstall them...but it never showed up again since then. It's completely gone, not detected, not hidden anymore, completely vanished. Luckily I don't have a huge amount of things I needed to pull off my laptop, so I've got everything except my work program on an external drive, and plan to reformat in the next few days once I transfer that to my work computer. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this until then though I'm all ears...I've had nothing but trouble from this program, even when I used to use it years ago...this is the worst computer problem I've ever had though, praying it didn't completely fry my adapter somehow and everything just fixes itself on a full restore..

Sterny331

Re: Network adapters gone after uninstalling Hamachi?

Please tell me you found a fix for this? I’m having the same problem. Uninstalled hamachi and now unable to connect to the internet via my WiFi card. Only connection showing up is Ethernet please help
Nightwolf0061

Hamachi Blocking my wifi

My wifi is blocked by hamachi, can anyone help
jasonyusupov

Alright guys, what worked for me is doing v4 not v6