cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hamachi is not allowed to function as a gateway on this machine

Hi,

I am trying to setup a gateway trought hamachi and I always get the error "Hamachi is not allowed to function as a gateway on this machine". It doesn't give me more details. I have tried on two different computers still the same error. The only thing that looked wrong is that I don't think Hamachi is really creating a bridge between my networks. I tried making the bridge manually but I always get an unknown error. The network that I created in Hamachi never goes green troughout the process.

A bit of help would be appreciated.

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Hamachi is not allowed to function as a gateway on this machine

I have this same issue. Did yo uever get a solution?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Is this machine connected to a domain controller?   I had the same issue last week with someone I tried to help.  We put Hamachi on the domain controller and every workstation lost access so I removed it and tried to work with a couple of workstations on the domain and got this same error message on them.  I assumed this was because they were on a domain but have no proof of that.

Highlighted
New Contributor

For me it was that I was running it on a workstation OS and I didn't see anywhere that I couldn't do that. After searching awhile I did see that and I installed it on a member server and it didn't get this message. It still doesn't work though after solving 10 other error messages. There is always another error after each one I solve.