cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hamachi on Synology NAS

Hello, I have a Synology DS918+ NAS running DSM 6.2.2-24922, and I would like to connect it to my Hamachi VPN.

I have connected to the NAS with SSH, and I am trying to follow the Linux (Ubuntu) installation instructions on page 14 of the Hamachi User Guide. I get the following error when I try to install the package:

sudo dpkg -i logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.198-1_amd64.deb
Authenticating logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.198-1_amd64.deb ...
debsig: logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.198-1_amd64.deb does not appear to be a deb format package
dpkg: error processing logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.198-1_amd64.deb (--install):
verification on package logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.198-1_amd64.deb failed!
Errors were encountered while processing:
logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.198-1_amd64.deb

Can someone help me with this please?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Hamachi on Synology NAS

@ZenEnterprise  Is the NAS running a supported LInux version?  (Unbuntu 16.04 / CentOS 7.2)

Reference:  https://www.vpn.net/linux

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi AshC,

no it doesn't look like the NAS is running Ubuntu or CentOS. Synology have their own proprietary version of Linux.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@ZenEnterprise  That sounds like it may be the problem here.  I'm afraid we have not tested every variation out there, so the behaviors may vary based on local configurations.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Set up the Hamachi as a VPN gateway on the NAS side of the connection.  When you do this, Hamachi will route to the private LAN instead of using the 25.x.x.x address.  Any device on the NAS side of the connection (including the NAS drive) can be accessed via Hamachi as it then becomes a client-to-site connection.  The client side runs Hamachi in normal mode.