cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Hamachi randomly goes offline

I've loaded Hamachi (the latest version, 2.2.0.377) on a friend's Windows 7 computer. It's been on there for a while (a couple of years). I have been logging on recently to do some tech support for him and have noticed that occasionally when I go to connect, Hamachi is offline.

I can connect (via TeamViewer) to another computer in his network running Hamachi and then get to this computer as well to get Hamachi back online. The next day I typically have to do the same thing to get back in.

The Windows 7 machine is not rebooting; it remains logged on and working fine. I've left the Hamachi chat window on my side open for long periods of time and I can see his machine going offline, online, back offline, etc. at random times. He's not doing it manually. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Hamachi to no avail.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? And have a fix?

Thanks,

Brian

5 REPLIES 5
Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi randomly goes offline

Hi

We get this issue too, it happens when a connection becomes poor such as 3G or Satelite.WE have managed to write a script that fires it back up but really isnt viable long term.

This issue makes the product completely useless and there seems to be no response to the issue. We are moving to NeoRouter but are sad that what was a great solution is not viable anymore. 

Ken

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I still have no solution to this problem. It is still happening. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, other than the one person who commented? Is anyone from LogMeIn monitoring this forum and do you have any input?

-- Brian

New Contributor

I'm seeing the same thing, and it looks to be the same scenario that Ken mentioned above - poor net con causing it to shut down.

Would want to see a response from LogMein on this one.

john

Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Guys,

Are you still seeing this issue with the most up to date version? 

Which is Version 2.2.0.410, available here:

https://secure.logmein.com/hamachi.msi?_ga=1.165689657.665825872.1448362914

If you try uninstalling, reboot, then reinstaling with this link, does that help?

(make sure to reboot after the uninstall to clear out any trace of the app)

If not, can you try running the new diagnostic tool under 'help' and seeing if that points you towards what is causing the app to go offline!

Cheers,

Colm

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.

Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem in windows 8.1 & 10 pro, I've reinstalled hamachi multiple times but when I restart the server services fail to restart and manually I've to restart. Also, I'm facing Hamachi adapter crashing issue frequently and in network settings, I have to disable enable the hamachi adapter then again switch on the Hamachi.