cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HerrCarl
New Contributor

Hamachi shows A.Ok. Ping to each other is success. But can't make a link in application.

Hello,

I have installed Hamachi for few months and was a happy user, until I got my corded network installed in my house.

Here is the working network topology:
[ ISP ] <=(4G Network)=> [ Mobile Phone ] <=(USB Tethering)=> [ My Host Computer ]
Diagnosis shows A.OK. Ping to each other succeed. Application in different computers sees each other.

The problem network topology:
[ ISP ] <=(Fiber)=> [ Fiber Modem ] <=(PPPoE)=> [ Wireless AP ] <=(Wifi)=> [ My Host Computer ]
Diagnosis shows A.OK. Ping to each other succeed. But specific application does not communicate at all.

I have tried many configurations, like turning on DMZ zone in modem and AP, or directly connected to fiber modem, but the situation is still the same: I can ping to each other, but can't see each other in application. Tried to search for similar discussion topics too, but none was seemly similar.

I have to migrate to the second topology since the latency and bandwidth are much better than the mobile one, but I never expect to have such a weird problem that is partial working, from the successful experience of mobile network.

Any thoughts, possible causes, or possible solution are appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
HerrCarl
New Contributor

Re: Hamachi shows A.Ok. Ping to each other is success. But can't make a link in application.

Ok I found a thread that is kind of similar to my situation:
https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Hamachi-Discussions/No-error-on-Hamchi-but-Also-no-connecti...
But this time hamachi is not working in every network configuration. These results were conducted on a host computer Win10 and a VM Win7:

Both were in

direct tunnel.

Both were OK in diagnosis:

Tunnel: OK

Local results:
  Adapter configuration: OK
  Traffic test: OK
  Peer results: [xxx-xxx-xxx]
  Adapter configuration: OK
  Traffic test: OK

Bidirection ping has response too.

But when I tried to communicate both OS, it just had no response.
What should I do? Is there any handy tool that might help in diagnosis?

HerrCarl
New Contributor

Re: Hamachi shows A.Ok. Ping to each other is success. But can't make a link in application.

It is really so weird..that gaming over Hamachi works on mobile tethered network, but not on fixed, fiber networks with modem and AP.

The application I'm trying to use Hamachi with is actually an old game with directplay for LAN play.

1. I have also checked numerous ports that might related to directplay, like TCP/UDP port 47624 showed in my AP, and few other random ports, with a simple connect/listen program, and the test messages did go through without problem.
2. Tried to fix the TCP/UDP port number, encrypted/compressed or not, in Hamachi settings, doesn't work.
3. Tried adjust interface metric to 1 and automatic in windows adapter settings, doesn't work.
4. Tried confined IP version to IPv4 only in everywhere possible, doesn't work.
5. Tried PPPoE for directly linking to internet, which is kind of similar to mobile network tethering, doesn't work.
6. Tried DMZ and port forwarding, doesn't work.

I have been stucked with this for likely a month without any progress, and that is really frustrating and exhausting.

Why a VPN can make simple ping and messages go through, but not an application in operation?

What can hinder Hamachi's penetration ability?
HerrCarl
New Contributor

Hi,
if there is any Hamachi engineer or related is watching, please help me. And if you happen to have any tool that could help in finding out the problem precisely, I will be glad to use it.