cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

I can't get Hamachi to work as a 'Private Network' host

When I set up Hamachi, I originally intended to use it between my own computer at home and smartphone on the go so that when I'm on a network that's restricted and slow, I can use Hamachi to basically bridge my computer connection to my smartphone. So basically to bypass the network restrictions at my school's WiFi. I thought that was something possible to do since your computer can be a network host, and client devices are configured as VPNs to work with Hamachi. I set up my computer as the host and my phone as the client. I tested this with my mobile data connection and I was able to connect to the computer, and the blue status showed next to my phone. However, when I went to check what my IP address was, it was not showing my home IP address. I know what it is from heart. It showed the IP address of my data connection and local router webpages would not load.

Is there any other method to do what I originally wanted to do with Hamachi or is it not possible?

2 REPLIES
Active Contributor

Re: I can't get Hamachi to work as a 'Private Network' host

Just figured out the solution myself an hour ago, but I have a slightly different set up here. I wanted all my smartphone internet traffic go through my network at home.

Short and simple "route (force) all traffic through hamachi".

For me it was to set "forwarding routes" to "0.0.0.0/0" in Android, but this won't work for your pc I think.

I remembered somewhere I've read it was about to set MTU low or high on the network adapters in windows.

Unfortunately I can't find the thread anymore. I hope this info gave you a better lead to your solution.

Active Contributor

Re: I can't get Hamachi to work as a 'Private Network' host

sry a small correction:
not MTU. I meant Metric