cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Linux - Hamachi won't reconnect after network failure

I'm running a server that relies on hamachi for all its connections.

Ubuntu server 11.04, Hamachi version 2.0.1.13

My internet was down last night for about 8 hours, and hamachi was stuck at trying to reconnect, even long after the connection was back up.

running 'hamachi logout' and then 'hamachi login' produced

'logging in... failed.'

Is there some setting that could help with this?

7 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Linux - Hamachi won't reconnect after network failure

I would like to know this also.  Sometimes I need to reboot my cable modem and Hamachi does not auto-reconnect.

New Contributor

Hi, I would try upgrading to Version Linux 2.1.0.68

According to the Release Notes:

http://help.logmein.com/SelfServiceReleaseNote?product=lmihamachi2

LogMeIn Hamachi for Windows 2.1.0.210, Mac 2.1.0.190 and Linux 2.1.0.68

Enhancements:

Automatic reconnection

The automatic reconnection method that handles network connection errors, has been improved for Windows, Mac, and Linux clients.

Fixes:

Reconnection issues

The following fixes have been made on Windows, Mac, and Linux clients related to reconnection:

• In some cases, the Hamachi client did not try to reconnect after network connection loss. As of this release, the client always tries to reconnect regardless of why the connection was lost.
  • The Hamachi client tried to reconnect continuously after network connection loss. As of this release, there is a delay between two reconnection attempts.

I hope it works for you..... Good Luck!

New Contributor

Hello, I have the same problem. Everything works fine untill the network/internet connection dies. When it comes back hamachi will not reconnect untill i either reboot the pc or restart the hamachi service with /etc/init.d/logmein-hamachi restart

Hamachi Version is 2.1.0.130

I need hamachi to reconnect itself!

I guess i can write a script that will restart the service after the internet connection has come back online ?

New Contributor

Hello, I have the same problem. Can you help me with a script? I have been trying with no luck. 

Active Contributor

is there any solution for this?

New Contributor

Same problem here 5 Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS machines + One machine Win10, 2 networks. It only heppens on all Ubuntu machies after short time of internet down (router restart twice a day ISP setting). After that all Ubuntu machines are off in their networks. I have to restart manually hamachi service to make it visible in networks back, or sudo service hamachi logout then sudo service hamachi login.

Hamahi version on each Ubuntu machine : 2.1.0.174

Active Contributor

i posted the solution on another thread, search for it.