cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robspcs
New Contributor

LogMeIn Hamachi Connection issues with Windows 8

I have hamachi installed on 4 machines.  2 XP PRO, 1 Windows 7 Home, 1 Windows 8 Pro.  All computers have the most recent version as of 1/19/2013.

The 2 XP Machines are in one business while the Windows 7 is at my home and the Windows 8 is at my other business.  So a total of 3 locations.

I can connect just fine between the windows 7 machine and the 2 windows xp machines all the time. So the problem is with the Windows 8 machine. 

On all but the windows 8 machine it shows my Windows 8 machine as "Grey - no connection" I have tried Port Forwarding, DMZ, static ports with and without Port Forwarding, Disabled all firewalls, Disabled all security software and still get nothing.

The only time I get a connection is when I am connected to my Windows 8 machine via Remote Desktop Connection.  At that point it turns Green until I disconnect my RDP session.

Any help here would be appreciated.  Thanks.  I have a linksys E900 router on Firmware 1.0 at the Windows 8 Office.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jntrup

Re: LogMeIn Hamachi Connection issues with Windows 8

I realize this is old, but this helped me.

This should cover everyone, even servers I believe. The number corresponds to the RDP session. 0=console and 1+2=other sessions. Depending on how you connect to your computer determines which session you use so running all 3 should work to disconnect everyone.

Last line if optional if you want to lock screen.

Paste all of this into bat file then run when you want to disconnect from RDP

tscon 0 /dest:console
tscon 1 /dest:console
tscon 2 /dest:console
Rundll32.exe User32.dll,LockWorkStation

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
robspcs
New Contributor

I figured it out that I have to have a paid version as when you close your RDP or lock your computer it closes the Windows GUI that is required for Hamachi to operate on the Free version. I have found a work around program that functions.

Dr-Lee
New Contributor

Could you please explain your work around. I'm having the same problem

YW-Slayer
New Contributor

I, too, would like to know the workaround. THanks!

robspcs
New Contributor

Ok,  here is the workaround. Create a bat file with the command 

Open:  "Note Pad"

Type in one line : "tscon 1 /dest:console" (without quotes)

Save file as: "filename.bat" (file type - All files)

That is it.  

Now instead of clicking on the "X" or "Log Off" to close your remote connection simply double click on this new bat file.  This returns your GUI to your local machine. This does however leave your workstation unlocked and open to any physical visitor who chooses to touch it.  Set a Screen Saver password to help keep people out and set your timer to 1 minute.

Note: In my Windows 8 session I have to right click and "run as administrator" to have it work correctly.

YW-Slayer
New Contributor

Great, thanks loads Rob! I'll try that and see if it works. Smiley Happy

YW-Slayer
New Contributor

It doesn't seem to work, even with Right-Click to Run as Admin. A command-prompt screen flashes up, disappears, then I get sent back to the desktop of the remote computer.

Nevertheless, I have found out that my router (ASUS RT-N56U) has its own VPN Server, which I can use after my provider replaces the hopeless modem/router with a pure modem, so hopefully I won't need to use Hamachi. But thanks for the hint anyway!

stauffski

I've got a solution that keeps Hamachi open and locks the workstation as well.

The batch file command that uses "tscon 1 /dest:console" didn't work for me either. But a simple change to "tscon 0 /dest:console" fixed the issue. Try it on yours YW-Slayer. The number represents the sessionID. I'm not clear on how the ID is assigned or why there's a variance.

As for the lock screen, the batch file just needs one more line of code:

"Rundll32.exe User32.dll,LockWorkStation"

So your batch file should look like this:

tscon 0 /dest:console

Rundll32.exe User32.dll,LockWorkStation

Hope that clears it up for everyone! Cheers! And thanks robspcs for your legwork!

sven-olav

gffgfgdfdgdfg

Anon121300
New Contributor

if you are loging in from a MAC using RDP you can 'Force Quit' Remore Desktop and the tunnerl stays up.

Killing the RDC app in processexplorer may work as well on Windows