cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Hamachi macOS crash or lockup with high CPU

@maxwellk2  Yes, this is certainly confusing when the issue does not present itself regularly.  If you happen to have a client where this happens more frequently, we can start the documentation process for a full investigation. 

This link will have dial-in options:  https://www.logmein.com/support/contact-us?

New Contributor

Not sure if this will help but I just found my i7 iMac running with fans on full. Acivity monitor showed Logmein Hamachi and hamachid both running at over 99% CPU. Logmein Hamachi client was running but offline at the time. Force quit Logmein Hamachi, hamachid and Logmein Hamachi Menubar and mac returned to normal. Restarted Logmein Hamachi and all works fine now. First time this has happened, and easily fixed in my case, so not a big issue.

Logmein Hamachi version 2.1.1.821
MacOS 10.14.5
iMac Retina 5K 27-inch 2017 4.2 GHz Core i7

New Contributor

Yep, that is exactly what we're seeing, glad it's not just us. We're seeing it on a semi-regular basis across six different servers, and when it happens we have no way to remotely reset Hamachi, the 99% CPU load can go for days or weeks until we notice it and/or need remote access.

Really wish LogMeIn would keep the macOS client on par, and as stable as, the Windows version. Hamachi is a great service but we're actively looking for a replacement until this can be resolved.

Thanks,

Max