Any solution for that issue ?
My installation shows properlly peers in every network that my computer belongs - but nothing more - it can't communicate with peers.
I tryed to reinstall hamachi. Clean registry from any entries of Hamachi. Nothing helps.
I have many VPN client adapters in system (Cisco, Checkpoint, OpenVPN).
I have no idea whats more could help.
I discovered that hamahi interface is not linked to TCP/IP v4 protocol. Unfortunately, when I try to link TCP/IP protocol to interface - windows says, that other applet is open in that time, and discard any changes.
After testing many conceptions (mainly based on register modifications), I decided to reinstall windows and ... on clear system problem doesn't occur.
I explained this on other forum but here is the fix.
1. Backup Hamachi Configuration Folder. (Some reason the installer will remove it when you uninstall with save settings preference)
2. Uinstall Hamachi Adapter from Device Manager.
3. Uninstall hamachi software
4. See if Hamachi COnfiguration folder is still there if not copy back the folder.
5. Run the installer from website and it should detect your original settings and recreate adapter as well.
Hope this Helps.
Please note this is for hamachi 2.
I'm afraid this won't work.
I have tryed this solution as first. I think i'ts shomething with operating System settings - maby some other VPN software (in my case I' had Cisco VPN, Open VPN, Checkpoint, TeamViewer, MS VPN (IPsec) installed
The solution that worked for me was the following:
a) Uninstall Hamachi 2
b) Run CCleaner
c) Create a temp WinXP account and logon to new account
d) Install Hamachi 2
e) Restart, test and make sure Hamachi 2 is working
f) Remove temp account
[8F] The NyQuil Kid