cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrworral
New Contributor

Ping over hamachi network greater than X size doesn't work

Hello community, 

I have 3 Networks with different computers each one and I'm able to do a ping -s 3008  with no issues with all computers in the 3 networks but less with one computer with CentOS, if the ping is less than 3008 bytes it works fine. At the beggining I thought it would be wrong MTU configuration but weirdly if a join to a different hamachi network this CentOS machine it's able to ping -s 3008 fine, so the problem it's just between 2 computers with CentOS (I have another CentOS machine in other hamachi network and ping -s 3008 works fine). I've tried to remove and reinstall hamachi deleting /var/lib/logmein-hamachi but the problem is still there. I also check IPtable configuration and it's fine.  Any ideas what else I can do? I haven't sleep for 3 days now 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrworral
New Contributor

Re: Ping over hamachi network greater than X size doesn't work

Finally a senior engineer helped me out with this issue, and now I know what's going on. 

I have two interfaces eth0 and hm0 so the mtu for hm0 is 1404 and for eth0 1500, so, changing eth0 mtu for 1401 fixed the issue, now it's possible to send greater ping and works pretty good. 

Now I'm gonna hit the sack. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mrworral
New Contributor

Re: Ping over hamachi network greater than X size doesn't work

Finally a senior engineer helped me out with this issue, and now I know what's going on. 

I have two interfaces eth0 and hm0 so the mtu for hm0 is 1404 and for eth0 1500, so, changing eth0 mtu for 1401 fixed the issue, now it's possible to send greater ping and works pretty good. 

Now I'm gonna hit the sack. 

Thanks.