cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lferrari
Active Contributor

Problems with Fedora 32 Kernel 5.7.7

Everything was going wonderfully until I upgraded two machines on my network from kernel 5.7.6 to 5.7.7 .

Rolling the kernel back solved the problem.  Looks like the new kernel breaks Hamachi.  It runs and lists members of the network.  It appears that I can login successfully  but I can't connect to other machines.  If I am running 5.7.6 it looks as if machines running 5.7.7 are not on the network.  Looks like we'll need a new release of Hamachi to fix this unless subsequent kernel releases undo whatever problem(s) have been created.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lferrari
Active Contributor

Re: Problems with Fedora 32 Kernel 5.7.7

Update:  I've upgraded to kernel 5.7.11 and Hamachi works again.  I still don't know what broke and I don't know how it got fixed.  I also don't know which kernel version between 5.7.7 - 5.7.11 fixed the problem.  So all is well for now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lferrari
Active Contributor

Re: Problems with Fedora 32 Kernel 5.7.7

Update:  I've upgraded to kernel 5.7.11 and Hamachi works again.  I still don't know what broke and I don't know how it got fixed.  I also don't know which kernel version between 5.7.7 - 5.7.11 fixed the problem.  So all is well for now.