cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Question regarding hamachi proxy

Recently I am not able to connect to hamachi server using the client / headless linux version. Looks like GFW is upgraded. I have to configure the proxy which looks like only available on GUI version. So, 

Q1: how can I setup for headless version?

Q2: if I configure the proxy, does it mean even the tunnel is created, the traffic will go through the proxy? I may use some socks proxy with a PAC file if it is yes. But need to confirm.

Thanks,

Bala 

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Question regarding hamachi proxy

I'm have a same question too.

but proxy can't solve your problem.

I was tried it . If you have solved this problem,please share  me,thanks.

Active Contributor

Headless.. this doesn't look easy as I have no way to diagnose ...

The file in /var/lib/logmein-hamachi/h2-engine.cfg or create own h2-engine-override.cfg of editing Conn.PxyXXX, won't work like Windows, even the command line has only proxy-pass (not sure what's that mean).

Do you find some useful documentation or tutorial available for using on linux?

Thanks,

New Contributor

I’m so sorry but i haven't any useful thing...
I had ping the hamachi server ,it was no response..
I even can't login my account in hamachi
Active Contributor

So maybe someone from LogMeIn can help us understand the issue and probabaly giving us some workaround?

There is a GreateFireWall is filtering the VPNs, as we analyze (probably not right), Hamachi accesses std.hamachi.logmein.com, ssl.hamachi.logmein.com, accounts.logmein.com, so, if we can proxy these domains, may be we can have the tunnel estiblished and start working?

The full client (GUI) version's proxy setting, not sure if it's proxy for all traffic or not... besides, we need to understand how headless version works.

Thanks,

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there,

Here's a screen shot of corresponding values in the h2-engine.cfg file: 

image (2).png

It's still possible that you could have issues with 'conn.pxypass' due to the hashed pw.  If you leave this blank, and 'conn.pxysave' is set to '0', then you should be promted during each connection attempt.

The only thing you really have to worry about with regards to proxy connections is that you probably won't receive client status updates, because those stem direct from LMI servers.