cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anon142318
Active Contributor

Srange Problem with browsing PC just started

hi,

i've got a strange problem that's only just started happening in the past few days.

2 PCs both running W10, lets call them "A" and "B" both on the same LAN (for testing following complaint from remote PC user that he can't see machine A's shared folders any more)

A can see B and can browse B's shared folders

B can see A but can't browse A's shared folders, any attempt results in seeing B's "Documents" folder.

network discovery is turned on in both PCs

both PCs show the same "error" when the connection is diagnosed, that is :

Tunnel: OK

Local results:
    Adapter configuration: OK
    Traffic test: Inbound traffic blocked, check firewall settings
Peer results: [217-803-720]
    Adapter configuration: OK
    Traffic test: Inbound traffic blocked, check firewall settings

turning off the firewall on machine A clears the errors but doesn't solve the problem, machine B still can't see machine A's shared folders.

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Hamachi on machine A

i've tried disconnecting machine A from the Hamachi network and reconnecting it.

I've tried rebooting machine A

the only thing that i've been "playing with" on machine A has been trying to set up a separate VPN connection to a new NAS drive but i've tried deleting all the VPN connections that i'd set up in the recent past but it hasn't helped.

any advice welcomed...

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anon142318
Active Contributor

Re: Srange Problem with browsing PC just started

ok, i've fixed i but i'm not sure what the key process was!

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling as noted - didn't help.

i then uninstalled and reinstalled and chose to discard the user settings - didn't help as i was unable to log back into the hamachi login service.

i uninstalled again and followed the steps here: https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Hamachi-Discussions/Cannot-connect-to-logmein-login-service... - scroll down to the excellent post by PiscisKnight.  Basically it says "do the install using IE not Edge, Chrome or Firefox"

and it now works!

whether it was the discarding of the uesr settings or the use of IE, i don't know but it's worth a shot if nothing else has worked so far for you!

K

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anon142318
Active Contributor

Re: Srange Problem with browsing PC just started

ok, i've fixed i but i'm not sure what the key process was!

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling as noted - didn't help.

i then uninstalled and reinstalled and chose to discard the user settings - didn't help as i was unable to log back into the hamachi login service.

i uninstalled again and followed the steps here: https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Hamachi-Discussions/Cannot-connect-to-logmein-login-service... - scroll down to the excellent post by PiscisKnight.  Basically it says "do the install using IE not Edge, Chrome or Firefox"

and it now works!

whether it was the discarding of the uesr settings or the use of IE, i don't know but it's worth a shot if nothing else has worked so far for you!

K