cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Ubuntu 17.10 hamachid crashes on login (glibc 2.26)

vexati0n wrote:

Running Hamachi inside Docker is not a solution. It's practically the same as running it in a VM, which is useless because it defeats the whole purpose of Hamachi.

You can forward all traffic from docker to host machine with iptables. 

So You will get a connection to all your clients from a host machine via docker instance and all your clients will reach your host machine by port forwarding.

New Contributor

I've been using hamachi for many years before logmein bought it and have been paying customer since then.   I depend on it for my business.  I hope you will do more than just change your FAQ to indicate that ubuntu 17.10 is not supported and commit to fixing it as quickly as possible.  

New Contributor

No offense, but this has been broken for three months now, and this is how they felt at the 1 month point.  Time to take your money elsewhere. Clearly Linux users aren't wanted here.

Oh, also, the linked FAQ was updated, but the one you'll normally be directed to on pretty much the entire site hasn't been.  Clearly they're running on all cylinders.

New Contributor

The user guide was not updated, either:

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/documentation/EN/pdf/Hamachi/LogMeIn_Hamachi_UserGuide.pdf#_OPENT...

And the only place that was updated is wrong, too, as there is no such version that "Ubuntu 17.04 LTS". The last long term support release was 16.04, The next one will be 18.04.

A bit shameful.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi,

Hamachi beta version 2.1.0.189 for Linux can be downloaded from

https://www.vpn.net/linux

It is compatible with Linux versions with glibc 2.26 Remember: this is currently in Beta for all platforms and is not recommended for use in a production environment.

New Contributor

Great news thanks.

New Contributor

Thanks!!  I installed it this morning and it works great.   This problem led me to try several other VPN solutions but none work as well and seamlessly as Hamachi so I'm glad I can stick with it.

New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have tested the Hamachi Beta version, using Fedora 27 with Glibc 2.26  and "Wallaaaa" It's works very well,   

[root@secure ~]# ldd --version
ldd (GNU libc) 2.26
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Next Link you can see the connection working...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19Bq_wMffiXCYEC-8wprS22TerDE1YyAe

Smiley Wink

New Contributor

+1

Also successfully installed the new release of Hamachi on Fedora 27 and it appears to be working.

Active Contributor

New beta version--

logmein-hamachi_2.1.0.189-1_amd64_beta.deb

appears to work well in Ubuntu 17.10 server.

NB - your old hamachi IP addresses will have lost their lease if they have all been down for all these months, so if you've hard-coded these in your hosts file you will need to update these.