cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oldwolf

VPN domain's tap device is down tunnel error

Hello Hamachi Community,

*  I am a new user.

*  We are trying to play arma3 on a LAN.

*  I researched the above area in these discussions and found:

I recently had the same error message "VPN domain's tap device is down" following a Windows 10 update, after using Hamachi for years. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Hamachi, problem persisted. Googled lots of Windows stuff, got very confused.

Read your post.

I found two versions of Logmein virtual ethernet adapter drivers in Device Manager, removed them both (with Hamachi still trying to run), then uninstalled Hamachi, then reinstalled, and problem went away. No idea why....

Many thanks.

*  Only trouble is I can not find the virtual ethernet adapter drivers in Device Manager because I have no clue what I am looking for.

* I see nothing that says "Hamachi"

* I am using Windows 10 Home.

* I hope I gave enough info. If not let me know and I will try my best to get what we need to fix this. 

*  Thankls 

Oldwolf out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GD_2020
Visitor

Re: VPN domain's tap device is down tunnel error

Hy! I've had the same problem, this is the fix found in the chat:

Hamachi network adapter not displayed in Network Connections

Sometimes Windows fails to properly add the network adapter when told to install it.  This can manifest itself in a scenario where there is no Hamachi adapter listed in the Network connections folder.

Manually reinstalling

• Go to Start > Run, and type hdwwiz (if running Windows XP, type: hdwwiz.cpl)
  • If it beings searching immediately, let it finish, then choose the option Yes, I have already connected the hardware.
  • If it displays the currently installed devices, please scroll down to the bottom and choose Add a new hardware device.  If it is not there, skip to the next step.
  • Choose Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced).
  • Now select Network Adapters.
  • Choose Have Disk, and Browse.
  • Browse to Installation Folder, and select the Hamachi.inf file.
  • Finish the install of the adapter.
  • Once the install is complete, check your Network Connections folder and see if Hamachi's adapter is called "Hamachi", and not something like "Local Area Connection 4".  If it is not named "Hamachi", rename it to Hamachi and try running the application again.  Make sure, the Network Connection Hamachi is activated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GD_2020
Visitor

Hy! I've had the same problem, this is the fix found in the chat:

Hamachi network adapter not displayed in Network Connections

Sometimes Windows fails to properly add the network adapter when told to install it.  This can manifest itself in a scenario where there is no Hamachi adapter listed in the Network connections folder.

Manually reinstalling

• Go to Start > Run, and type hdwwiz (if running Windows XP, type: hdwwiz.cpl)
  • If it beings searching immediately, let it finish, then choose the option Yes, I have already connected the hardware.
  • If it displays the currently installed devices, please scroll down to the bottom and choose Add a new hardware device.  If it is not there, skip to the next step.
  • Choose Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced).
  • Now select Network Adapters.
  • Choose Have Disk, and Browse.
  • Browse to Installation Folder, and select the Hamachi.inf file.
  • Finish the install of the adapter.
  • Once the install is complete, check your Network Connections folder and see if Hamachi's adapter is called "Hamachi", and not something like "Local Area Connection 4".  If it is not named "Hamachi", rename it to Hamachi and try running the application again.  Make sure, the Network Connection Hamachi is activated.
Lisck

How can I "Make sure, the Network Connection Hamachi is activated."?