cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevelup
Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi can't run on m1 Mac

Well, yes - this is to be expected. The mobile client is always effectively in 'server' mode rather than direct. And that part of the infrastructure always was pretty hopeless.

It is not a solution to the problem. At best, it might be useful in an emergency if you have absolutely no other choice.

The solution to the problem is to forget about Hamachi ever working on any current Apple hardware - it is clearly abandonware. It's almost as if they've lost the source code to it, or the team responsible has been disbanded.

I honestly don't know why people are persevering with it when there's a solid, much more capable, free and actively developed alternative.

cobi1024
New Contributor

I've actually tried these before, given that config continues to work on my iOS devices. Given wide access to all apps and trusted all certs per one of the comments. Still no luck. Logs says "broken pipe". Tried the iOS file (one click profile setup) and "other" which gives you the three files.

Would appreciate any help. Btw, changes on Android 12 also broke the setup process for Android.

Go-back: I've not checked to see firewall settings but will check it when I get home. I don't recall if I've had to allow Hamachi in previous installs.
cobi1024
New Contributor

What is the alternative? Seems the other alternatives are more expensive than this service though, for a price sensitive (non-profit) enterprise.
cobi1024
New Contributor

Still doesn't work for me. Tried this before since it still works for iOS, but I'll keep trying.
tempestdata
New Contributor

The Free/Basic service from ZeroTier seems to be working very well for me. I set it up this weekend and it is doing everything that I needed from Hamachi plus it works on my M1 mac.

tlagrone
Active Contributor

If you tried the iOS solution first, you might have a profile for Hamachi on your Mac M1.  You will have to delete that profile and the associated certificates and try again with the “other” (three files solution).

The mobile client works well for SSH access since speed is not an issue.

I have StrongSwan (IpSec), OpenVPN and WireGuard set up on my mission critical devices.  Hamachi is on 25 diverse devices (Windows XP, Intel Mac, M1 Mac, Arm Linux, Intel Linux, Windows 10, Raspian, Android V10, and iOS).  Both a simple setup except for Mac M1 and reasonable cost for 32 device license.  After 12 years, I will be checking out ZeroTier.

Hamachi is not available on my OpenWRT routers.

ouii
Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi will not be compatible with a future version of macOS

GetGo, a wholly owned subsidiary of Citrix that merged with GoTo ( ex- LogMeIn ) in early 2017.

...does anyone know if in the new company (www.goto.com) there is something similar to hamachi ?

regards

tlagrone
Active Contributor

Spent a day getting ZeroTier set up on my MacBook Air M1 and two cellular IoT devices.  ZeroTier continued to work even at the very slow speed 16kbps (NB-IoT) connection.  Hamachi worked at 64 kbps (LTE-M) but did not work at 16 kbps.

Time to move on.

Terry