cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Re: Windows 10 Hamachi drivers not installing

I'm also on build 10074, and your process worked for me, once I defeated the digital signature check.

You've probably already done this, but if not, I'd suggest wiping everything out (including user settings), disconnect your network cable, install Hamachi 258, defeat automatic updates, reconnect network cable, reboot, uninstall 258, reboot, install 319, grab/save 319 INF file, reboot, uninstall 319, reboot, reinstall 319 and hit Install on the 319 INF when it gets to the point where it's supposedly updating network drivers.

FWIW, the only time you should nuke user settings on an uninstall is the first uninstall.

No doubt the multiple reboots make this is a more trying process, but I find that this is a good idea whenever you're installing or uninstalling any Windows program. 

Hope this helps. And even if it does, I still owe you...

Active Contributor

No luck. 

The only difference in the process this time is that it no longer hangs for several seconds on 'updating network driver' - that pause where you'd install the INF. It now flies right through it.

The issue is that installing the INF just doesn't add the network adapter. I can't get the adapter to appear no matter which INF I use - nothing about digital signatures either. It says it was succesful but nothing happens. 

New Contributor

Aquitaine wrote:

The only difference in the process this time is that it no longer hangs for several seconds on 'updating network driver' - that pause where you'd install the INF. It now flies right through it.

Having the same problem over here, build 10074

Guess we'll look for other possible workarounds to pop up

New Contributor

IBTECAdmin wrote:

Your process worked.  Here are the details that I did based off of your posts

Windows 10 Build 10061

Hamachi version 2.2.0.328

Copy the hamdrv.inf file out of the folder where Hamachi is installed and put it on desktop for easy access.

Uninstall Hamachi

Reinstall Hamachi

Wait until Hamachi install gets to the "Status: Installing Network Adapter"

Right click on the copied hamdrv.inf file then left click on install.

You will receive a small window saying that the install was complete (hamdrv.inf)

The install of Hamachi will complete.

Make you normal setup changes (Name, Network, Hide Offline, etc etc)

I did not have to make any QoS changes or IPv4......

Just realized that I did alter slightly from these directions which may have made a difference. I copied hamdrv.sys and hamdrv.cat along with hamdrv.inf from my first install. the hamdrv.inf file does refer to hamdrv.sys so maybe give that a try?

New Contributor

Following on from these, I found something that works for me in build 10074.

1. Make sure Hamachi is uninstalled from your computer.

2. Open Device manager and expand the network adapters area.

3. Begin the install of Hamachi.

4. When it reaches the "Installing network adapter" section, switch to Device manager

5. Locate the Hamachi Virtual network adapter and right-click

6. Update Driver Software, select "Browse my computer for driver software"

7. Use the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi

This should install the network adapter drivers correctly and allow Hamachi to connect to others within it's networks.

Hopefully this helps.

New Contributor

The problem with this is that, at least for me, when I open my Device Manager and go to Network Adapters, I don't see "Hamachi Network Interface".

Furthermore, when I go to my LogMeIn Hamachi folder, I find that everytime I install it, I'm always missing some files, such as "hamachi.inf", "hamdrv.inf", "hamdrv.sys", "hamdrv.cat", and so on. When I try to get those files from my laptop (running hamachi on Windows 7) on a flash drive, none of the files show up when I import them to my Windows 10 desktop.

I really hope that this can be resolved.

Active Contributor

Hate to ask this, but is explorer set to view hidden (system) files?
New Contributor

Ah, yes, you're right on that. Just a little oversight on my part.

New Contributor

IBTECAdmin wrote:

Your process worked.  Here are the details that I did based off of your posts

Windows 10 Build 10061

Hamachi version 2.2.0.328

Copy the hamdrv.inf file out of the folder where Hamachi is installed and put it on desktop for easy access.

Uninstall Hamachi

Reinstall Hamachi

Wait until Hamachi install gets to the "Status: Installing Network Adapter"

Right click on the copied hamdrv.inf file then left click on install.

You will receive a small window saying that the install was complete (hamdrv.inf)

The install of Hamachi will complete.

Make you normal setup changes (Name, Network, Hide Offline, etc etc)

I did not have to make any QoS changes or IPv4......

Just updated to 10074 and had the same problem as everyeon else. IBTEC's instructions worked perfectly.

New Contributor

hayespc wrote:

Just updated to 10074 and had the same problem as everyeon else. IBTEC's instructions worked perfectly.

Yeah, the problem with that it only worked once for me. After I reset my computer, this process stopped working.