cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Windows 10 / Update to 1909 Kills Hamachi Adapter on all Stations!

Beware:

Windows 10 / Update to 1909 Kills Hamachi Adapter on all Stations!

a manual Deinstall is Neccessary / and a Reinstall... after this it works again

OK not all : 60% now

3 REPLIES 3
Active Contributor

Re: Windows 10 / Update to 1909 Kills Hamachi Adapter on all Stations!

I am here because I lost my hamachi network adapter after installing the Windows 10 update.  

I am trying to find out how to reinstall Hamachi.  I have a computer with an existing Hamachi client and the original client deployment is not available.

I have not found a way to download the Hamachi client installer to reinstall preserving the existing client configuration.

I am thinking this might be fixed by reinstalling the client.  I would like to find out if this will solve the problem.

Active Contributor

This is how I have resolved my missing Hamachi network adapter after installing Windows 10 update 1909

I found instructions to install the Hamachi virtual network adapter using Windows add new hardware wizard.

I renamed the network adapter to "Hamachi" 

Rebooted my computer

When it booted the network adapter was working with the hamachi client.

Summary of the instructions

* Start ->Run enter "hdwwiz" and run.

* Used the hamachi.ini file.  Selected "Hamachi Inc. / LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter

* renamed the "LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter" in Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections

* reboot the computer

after reboot the network should be identified and the hamachi client should be able to make direct connections to the peers.

New Contributor

Thanks, it's working!

Reboot not required: after renamed the virtual adapter to Hamachi, just restart the Hamachi service.