cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a3b2c1r4
New Contributor

iOS Negotiation with VPN server failed

I have a multi network subscription with over a hundred devices. The majority of those devices are iOS Apple devices. For the last two weeks I’ve been getting a steady stream of reports of users unable to connect to the vpn. The service has worked for us for the last four years so we know how to configure it and how to use it.

When users attempt to connect they get an iOS pop up message “negotiation with vpn server failed”. If they continue attempts it will sometimes eventually connect. If the user changes their connection method such as going from wifi to cell or cell to wifi it seems to increase the likelihood that the connection will succeed even though both internet connections are working the change seems to help.

Resetting network setting on iOS also seems to increase the likelihood of success taking it from 75% failure to about 50%.

This started happening around the first week of March. I believe it was prior to the release of iOS 14.4.1 so I do not believe that to be the cause.

Anyone have similar issues or a solution? I’ve reached out to hamachi support but have been provided with nothing of use.
2 REPLIES 2
SVSDIT
New Contributor

Re: iOS Negotiation with VPN server failed

I don't have a solution yet, but I want you to know I've been seeing the same thing. While troubleshooting can provide temporary relief sometimes, I haven't found a root cause.
a3b2c1r4
New Contributor

Re: iOS Negotiation with VPN server failed

Thank you for posting this. It let's me know that I am not alone.

If you find any solution id love to hear it. I'm having to look at other solutions and I don't want to change as it will be a major headache but users are getting really annoyed.