cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Auto restart of Logmein upon restart of Mac

What setting do I use to automatically have a remote computer be accessible upon a restart of the CPU.

- say when a  power outage occurs- I'd like the remote computer to auto restart and have logme in be accessiable without a person at the computer to manually do so.?

6 REPLIES 6
Active Contributor

Re: Auto restart of Logmein upon restart of Mac

I called tech support and they said this is not possible.  This is a fatal flaw with logmein software.  If the remote server has a autorestart due to crash or a serious power failure, logmein turns itself off after reboot and the computer is unaccessible.

Right now they have no plan to fix this calling it a security issue.

If this is not fixed will have to find another solution, teamviewer seems to keep its setting after restart.  

If there is a Logmein tech support person here please explain how this would be a security issue keeping the computer owners choice survive a restart.

New Contributor

This has been driving me nuts for a while now.  With Mac, I think you can automate it and I'm looking into it. 

Active Contributor

So what I do now is have both logmein and teamviewer installed.  If the remote mac restarts and logmein is not accessible I use Teamviewer to get in and make logmein accessible.  Note Teamviewer has to be setup to start on restart for this to work.

Logmein seems to have dropped the ball on this one.  If you come up with a way to automate it with a script please let me know.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I got something for us. 

Go to:  Sysprefs> Users&Groups> LoginOptions> Enable Automatic Login (as you)

Open Textedit, Paste:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>AbandonProcessGroup</key>
<true/>
<key>Label</key>
<string>com.secureautologin.loginhook</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/User.menu/Contents/Resources/CGSession</string>
<string>-suspend</string>
</array>
<key>RunAtLoad</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>

Go to "Format" and select "Make Plain Text" then save as com.secureautologin.loginhook-2

Save as .plist if asked. Copy file to the folder  ~/Library/LaunchAgents

This will automatically log you into the Mac and then Fast User Switch back to the login again while the Mac quietly boots all your apps and processes, reconnects drives etc.  I also went ahead and added LMI Client to the "Login Items" under My username in Users & Groups.. (Click + and add from Applications) 

Shutdown

Cold Boot

Logs into your user, then Fast Switches back to login while LMI boots in the background, along with everything else...  Log in and it's already warmed Up and Running. 

Afterthought: I also disabled automatic software update on LMI client. Just because. 

New Contributor

The similar situation happened to me also. After numerous attempts, many, many hours wasted, realized that it was IMPOSSIBLE to remotely access my Mac after rebooted due to power failure. I am LogMeIn Pro user, paid xx.xxfor the service. Never worked when needed. Worse of all, I can not get any reimbursement for any portion of the unused part of the year. Total waste of time and money !

Active Contributor

Thank you for posting your solution. Will test it when I'm not 8,000 miles away!