cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cxedis
New Contributor

Re: Some Color Quality Settings missing

@AshC
Any updates on getting greyscale or any actual lower settings back for a color settings?

Any updates are greatly appreciated.
This change isn’t cool....
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@cxedis We've brought this feedback to the attention of product teams to see if anything can be done.  I believe these changes were made in order to accommodate higher resolution displays, not realizing there are many systems that may choose lower quality displays for different reasons.

* * The grayscale was technically the same as the basic color option, so those two were actually the same version with different screens. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Taube022
Active Contributor

Thank you for sending them our feedback. It's troubling to know that they didn't take into consideration all of the customers that use LMI for remote support, especially when the homepage is touting all the positives of using LMI for remote support and IT. It'd be a different story if LMI were aimed toward creative groups utilizing it to view content and graphics remotely, but that doesn't seem to be the target audience based on everything I've ever seen.

greenkomodo

How to get greyscale colour back when remotely connected? Seems like new update removed this option.

How to get greyscale colour back when remote controlling a PC ? Seems like new update removed this option.

InterNetworkIT
Active Contributor

Re: How to get greyscale colour back when remotely connected? Seems like new update removed this opt

Everyone in our company (we do Managed IT Services as well) are extremely disappointed that the color options are gone.  It's absolutely unnecessary to remove them, it benefits no one, and it hurts everyone using LogMeIn.  When we're remoted into a computer for support we want the fastest possible connection, we don't care that it's not HD colors.  We just need to click the screen and run scans, install products, etc., and removing the lower color options has seriously slowed that down.  Clients with poor internet connections are attrocious to work on their computers without the lowest color setting.

Please bring back the full options for color settings, because it effects everyone working in the IT industry to support other computers.  Especially because it was completely unnecessary to remove the options.

Ericatdmi
Active Contributor

Re: Bring Back All Color Quality Options

For anyone that needs the lower video quality settings, here is a link to the last version of the Client app (1.3.3987) that had all 6 video quality settings. Files are in a ZIP with a README file detailing how to run the old version. The first time it launches, it will notify about an available update. Make sure to select "skip this update". Hopefully this will hold us over until LMI can get their act together and provide us the tools we need, especially since they keep jacking their prices up on us.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtQflLceTy6fojN0KnGOKgZ3XwGM

remoted
Active Contributor

Does anyone have any hard numbers on the bandwidth difference?

Any the actual date of the change?

InterNetworkIT
Active Contributor

Ericatdmi - You're doing God's work today.  I looked for a way to download the old version from places like FileHippo, etc.  I have one laptop with the old version but it didn't have the download file anymore, so this is much appreciated.  Going to install it on my computers now, thanks!

taz18mx
Regular Visitor

Bring back the lowest color, really here in Mexico the connections are very slowly and Logmein with black or lowest color are incredible, really if you dont come back that option I move for another software like TeamViewer that is better and faster
mporternl
New Contributor

This has had a major negative inpack on us using LogMeIn for remote connections as well.  This is a major step backwards which I really cannot understand?  When will you re-impliment having all the otions available?  Should I submit a support case as well?

Also of note is the documentation reflects the changes and makes reference to selection "Automatically detect"  option, but it's no longer available either.