cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustGoHolidays
Active Contributor

Font Change?

Good afternoon,

Has anyone experienced issues with the font changing? We have been working from home since lockdown for about 2 weeks now, with no issues what so ever. Randomly yesterday, everyone was disconnected, then reconnected to their session. All users now have a slightly off font, particular noticeable on Outlook in bold fonts where the spacing appears to be closer together. Bizarrely though, the font on the actual host PC is correct, it's just LogMeIn displaying it wrong? It has effected all users, which is causing issues particular for our studio of designers as their artwork looks incorrect. Any suggestions!?

Why would is suddenly change for all users? I've gone through all of the display/view settings on the LMI toolbar..

Thank you 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
GinaD1

Re: Font Change?

I am having the exact same problem, but it only happened to me.  No one can figure out why or how to fix it.  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@GinaD1  @JustGoHolidays  I apologize for the recent change there.  We are working to identify the problem and find a resolution for this behavior. 

Thanks for your patience, hopfully more updates coming soon.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
johnfasino
New Contributor

Has there been any resolution to this problem?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@johnfasino I will try to get an ETD soon.  Thanks for your patience.

JustGoHolidays
Active Contributor

Yeah still affecting all of our users too - very frustrating as it was working perfectly for weeks before this change occured.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@JustGoHolidays  @johnfasino  @GinaD1 

We're having difficulty recreating this problem during testing. 

Do have DPMS driver installed?  If so, could you try removing it from the Device Manager > Monitors (right click, Uninstall device). 

After this is complete, the next PnP scan will detect the attached monitors (this time without the DPMS driver installed).  If you can still reproduce the issue, you can reinstall the DPMS driver in the next RC session.  If it fixes the problem, you can then force the new blanking method by setting RemoteControl\BlankScreenMethod to 1.

JustGoHolidays
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did have DPMS installed on my computer, so i uninstalled it and d/c the session. Upon reconnecting, it detected the PnP monitors (without DPMS this time) but we still have the odd font spacing. I have since re-installed DPMS.

The other members of staff are not administrators and therefore would never have been able to install DPMS and i didn't enable it for them.

As per my first post, everythings was fine for a few weeks, then the font spacing suddenly changes for all users one day!

johnfasino
New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion.  We have tried this on a few of the machines with the issue and it has not fixed the problem.  As others have stated, this affected all users the same day.  A message appeared about screen blanking and once the message  was cleared, the backgrounds/wallpaper went black and the fonts changed.  We are aslo noticing that the curser position is not correct either.  It does seem to affect certain programs but not otheres.  For instance, our POS software looks fine, but Outlook and Excel (and the text box i'm typing inot now) look horrible.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@johnfasino @JustGoHolidays @GinaD1 

Do you have the Disable wallpaper and user interface effects on host computer option turned on under Options --> Preferences --> General --> Performance ?