cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shanee5000
New Contributor

Help! Black Screen on host after duplicating display from multiple monitors

Help please! I'm trying to remote into my work laptop and I was able to access the host desktop before changing the host screen resolution option to duplicate display (eliminating the need to jump back and forth between host monitors). On my Windows 7 home laptop when I made this change to the host/work computer, there was never any issue. Now I'm on Windows 10 at home and the host is completely unreachable, just a black screen despite trying the solutions offered by others with similar "Black screen" posts (ie. changed logmein resolution, color, blank screen enabled/disabled). 

Any advice would be appreciated. If this can't be resolved, I may as well cancel my subscription and just start carting around my work laptop.... Trying to avoid that, if possible.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Help! Black Screen on host after duplicating display from multiple monitors

@Shanee5000   I apologize for the connection issues there.

Do you know if the connection from another PC still works?

When was the last reboot cycle for the Host PC?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Shanee5000
New Contributor

I attempted to log in via my iphone 8 logmein app, which used to work...same black screen. Rebooting the host computer might work...but that also defeats the purpose of accessing it, since I'm obviously not there to log back into the machine.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Shanee5000  It sounds like this may not be system dependent, and the next move would be to check on the Host status for anything out of place.  If the same problems recur after a reboot, please confirm the LMI software versions set up there.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!