cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CapeOlive
New Contributor

How to Disable Autostart?

Hi there, I've already searched the forum, and the internet, but couldn't find any useful answers. I don't want logmein to start every time I start windows. I tried to disable it under the "startup" tab in task manager. I've also taken a look at the services, and nothing logmein related is there.

It is beyond me why you are hiding all of this and making it hard to disable it. It should be a check box like any other software has...

Anybody knows how to disable it?

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: How to Disable Autostart?

Hi @CapeOlive,

Try using these configuration steps in Windows:

1. Click Start > Run (Vista/7 users can use the Start search box) and type MSCONFIG and press Enter.
  2. Under the Startup tab, make sure that the LogMeIn box is un-checked. Close the System Configuration window.
  3. Click Start > Run > type Services.msc and press Enter.
  4. Find and double click LogMeIn.
  5. Ensure it is not set to Automatic.
  6. Do the same for LogMeIn Maintenance just in case.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
CapeOlive
New Contributor

As I mentioned in my first e-mail, I've already tried those. Logmein is not  listed in either one of those options. Either they are using a different name to prevent people from disabling the startup, or something else is going on.

sanchitzo

Hey CapeOlive,

I had the same Issue .... when i startet my system, always an old session of logmein started without the option for unselect autostart or anything like this. 

For a solution for this problem you should view all Folders and Files at your System and access the path 

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local .

there you should find 2 Folders, the one with "gapps" in it you can delete and your problem should be gone after a restart.

nice greets and all good !