cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Re: LMI Mac Won't Switch On

I use a similar program called AppZapper. Does the same job of removing all associated files. But still does not fix the issue. I'm still waiting on LMI Support to respond to this issue. Seems they have more pressing issues to deal with Smiley Sad
New Contributor

Count me in as having the same problem. LMI has been weird after I reformatted my hard drive on my MacMini and reinstalled LMI. Even though I downloaded the Free version, it installed the Pro Trial. And now I can't start it up. It just remains greyed out. Very frustrating.
New Contributor

Same for me... I cannot connect to my iMac once he's gone to sleep or when it's on the login screen...

I've been running through the forums and it appears LogMeIn doesn't take care of the users complaints... this problem or others... they never respond...

I was thinking of going pro, I'll be looking for some other solutions...

Dom

Active Contributor

Same here, cant start. It append after un update about 2 weeks ago.

When instaling/reinstalling i get an error at the end and the incon apears at in the menu bar but wont start

I have tried:

Uninstalle

Reinstall Version 4.00.1162

Find/delete allo logmein files

Udated yesterday to 10.6.3

New Contributor

I too am experiencing this problem after using logmein free for mac for over a year.  Now, it will not turn on.  I used Disk Utility to verify/repair disk permissions; I used AppDelete to remove all LMI files from my computer and then I reinstalled.  Same problem- will not turn on- you push the button to turn on but it stays off.  

I knew sooner or later they would end the free option (why give it away for free) but I wouldn't buy right now- not with this problem.  I guess I will have to rely on dropbox.  

New Contributor

AppZapper is a good app but it won't find all of the receipts and install logs that tells the OS what's been installed.  You'll have to manually dig into the system if you want to get rid of the newest LMI.  

New Contributor

Same issue here.  It quit working with the new upgrade on my relatively new iMac.  I noticed when I tried to use LogMeIn Ignition from my iPhone to access my iMac with no luck.  When I got home I checked and am getting the same will not turn on that everyone else here is experiencing.  I too tried reinstalling, repairing permissions, etc.  I went to my firewall settings to make sure LMI could accept incoming connections and that was fine as well. No obvious issues I can identify, so it appears to be a bug in the new version of the program.

New Contributor

Same problem here! Is anyone at LMI actually taking notice of this problem? I would also pay for Pro if I could get it to work...

New Contributor

Same problem here. Have uninstalled and re-installed with no love.

New Contributor

LogMeIn support responded to my support ticket and explained how to remove the newer LogMeIn, and how to get an older build that works. They also told me that a new build is due in "a couple of weeks."

To completely remove LMI:
Navigate to /Applications/LogMeIn and run LogMeInUninstaller (if it exists) And/or delete /private/var/db/receipts/com.logmein.logmeinserverinstaller.bom
/private/var/db/receipts/com.logmein.logmeinserverinstaller.plist
/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/
/Applications/LogMeIn/

Next, restart the Mac and visit the following site to install an earlier build to see if it works:
http://download.cnet.com/LogMeIn-Free/3000-2085_4-10874714.html