cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Re: LMI Mac Won't Switch On

i've tried this, but still no luck. As i've stated before, it's most certainly a permissions issue. I am in contact with a LMI technician who will with luck help us all by serving a solution for us all.

New Contributor

I'm new to LMI, running the trial version of Pro, same issue.  It's not selling me on the use of the program if I have to set the computers I want to access to never sleep.

Has anyone compared the features here vs. just setting up screen sharing and "Back to My Mac"?  When I have tried these, they work fine on a LAN, but from a remote location, there are some settings on the fire wall and/or router that  I have to change, but haven't pursued.  Other than accessing a properly setup computer from anywhere with web access, if one is only going to access a few certain computers most of the time from the same remote location, is there much of an advantage to LMI?  Once you can control a screen, you can access documents by emailing them from the remote computer.... I'm sure there must be some sort of file sharing available, as well. I haven't pursued this option, but given that LMI is non-functional for Macs for the most part, maybe a cheaper equivalent already exists within Mac OS. 

New Contributor

Hi, my issue is that my computer has stopped switching on. It worked great for a while, but now it won't turn on.

I have LMIPro. I remember a pop up that asked me to update the LMI application (on my home mac). I agreed. Now, my question is: does this need to happen on my work mac?

I have a feeling the answer is yes...however, how would I go about updating my LMI at work? Is there a get updates function? If so, where do I find it?

Thanks so much for any help!

New Contributor

Have you checked your firewall? Also, your antivirus may also have its own firewall. If the firewall blocks logmein from connecting to their servers you will not be able to connect (go online).

Best of luck!

Stuart

Active Contributor

Hello all,

We are actively working to resolve this.  The "Unable to enable" and "Installation failed" Mac issues are currently being addressed and we hope to have a new build released very soon.  We understand the frustration and will be pushing the fix as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience,

Brad

New Contributor

I too upgraded to LogMeIn 4.0.0.1162 and it will not work on my iMac running 10.6.3. I opened a support ticket on this issue yesterday and logmein support got back to me this morning. The answer is that going back to an earlier version 4.0.697 will work until they can get the newer version (with a few more features) to work with 10.6.3. The older versions does everything I want anyway so this is good news for anybody trying to get LogMeIn working again. 

How to backtrack to a working version directions given freely here, but without any warranty or guarantee:

1. Download the older version 4.0.697 at this link http://download.cnet.com/LogMeIn-Free/3000-2085_4-10874714.html
2. Then complete uninstall the current version. First try running the uninstaller in the LogMeIn folder in Applications. If that works then you can just reinstall the older version, restart your computer and your should be off and running.

If the uninstaller doesn't work: I tried running the uninstaller from the logmein folder, but it didn't work (I had to keep force quitting it). Here are the steps for a manual uninstall.
a. delete the LogMeIn folder in the applications folder
b. using the Terminal application navigate to /private/var/db/receipts/ (type or copy this 
cd /private/var/db/receipts/

"cd /private/var/db/receipts/" - without the quotes)
c. delete the following files:
com.logmein.logmeinserverinstaller.bom
com.logmein.logmeinserverinstaller.plist
In order to do this you will probably need the SUDO command. Here is how I typed this to make it work.
sudo rm com.logmein.logmeinserverinstaller.bom
sudo rm com.logmein.logmeinserverinstaller.plist
d. delete the LogMeIn folder in Your Hardrive/Library/Applications

Once you have deleted the above files you will be able to run the installer for the version that works.

I too upgraded to LogMeIn 4.0.0.1162 and it will not work on my iMac running 10.6.3. I opened a support ticket on this issue yesterday and logmein support got back to me this morning. The answer is that going back to an earlier version 4.0.697 will work until they can get the newer version (with a few more features) to work with 10.6.3. The older versions does everything I want anyway so this is good news for anybody trying to get LogMeIn working again.  

How to backtrack to a working version directions given freely here, but without any warranty or guarantee: 

1. Download the older version 4.0.697 at this link

http://download.cnet.com/LogMeIn-Free/3000-2085_4-10874714.html

2. Then complete uninstall the current version. First try running the uninstaller in the LogMeIn folder in Applications. If that works then you can just reinstall the older version, restart your computer and your should be off and running. 

If the uninstaller doesn't work: I tried running the uninstaller from the logmein folder, but it didn't work (I had to keep force quitting it). Here are the steps for a manual uninstall.

a. delete the LogMeIn folder in the applications folder

b.using the Terminal application navigate to /private/var/db/receipts/ (type or copy this cd /private/var/db/receipts/ "cd /private/var/db/receipts/" - without the quotes)

c. delete the following files:

com.logmein.logmeinserverinstaller.bomcom.logmein.logmeinserverinstaller.plist

In order to do this you will probably need the SUDO command. Here is how I typed this to make it work.

sudo rm com.logmein.logmeinserverinstaller.bom

sudo rm com.logmein.logmeinserverinstaller.plist

d. delete the LogMeIn folder in Your Hardrive/Library/Applications 

Once you have deleted the above files you will be able to run the installer for the version that works.

New Contributor

Not sure why my directions duplicated on the post. Sorry about that.

Active Contributor

still didn't work for me Smiley Sad

New Contributor

Brad - how will we know when you have released the new fixed version? Will there be an announcement on the home page? Otherwise - we won't know which version has the fix.

Please advise.

-Mike

New Contributor

I too have the same problem. i have 2 PC's and 1 iMac on my Network. 1 PC is always on. I am able to wake on lan my other sleeping PC but it doesnt work with iMac. I am able to use LMI if the iMac is awake but if its sleeping it doesnt wake up. All settings are configured as suggested but still no avail.

I really hope LMI resomves this. i was thinking of upgrading my LMI trial to pro for iMac but if it doesnt get resolved I wont be doing it.

Thanks

Ron