cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Re: LMI Mac Won't Switch On

just put in your snow leopard disk and re-install it. It takes about 30mins, doesn't wipe anything and will allow you to use LMI trouble free.... well thats what worked with me Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Does the Mac version work, yet?

I tried Pro version a few weeks ago, but it was basically useless, unless I turned off the sleep mode completely on either terminal, which is both a waste of energy and a security risk for me, particularly at work.  I ran the permission repairs, but no go, so I abandoned LMI for the time being. 

Does anyone know if there have been any updates that fix the bug that won't wake a Mac from sleep (snow leopard OS)?

I hear ads for LMI on NPR, but given some of the flaws that would keep this from being functional for most Mac users, I don't think they should advertise that they work with Macs, just yet, it's a bit misleading.

New Contributor

What exactly do you mean? run the OS installation disc on the MAC.. over top of existing and it won't take anything away?

I am a new MAC user.. and can't get the older version to "add" the MAC.. so I can't use it.. and the new version is the won't wake..

Active Contributor

yeah install over the top u won;t lose anything Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Ok will do

thanks

New Contributor

Re: Does the Mac version work, yet?

Just checking back, does anyone know if this bug has been addressed? Until there is a way to get a sleeping Mac to wake, there's no way to use a Mac set to power saving mode.  Not sure if it will wake it from security mode, haven't tested that, but so far, it's a deal breaker for me.

New Contributor

DJ,

Reinstalling Snow Leopard seems a little extreme.  Coudn't one just run the permission fix in Disk Utility?  If not, I guess the reinstall is worth a try, but it makes me a little nervous.

-CMS

Active Contributor

a permissions fix did nothing for me. a simple reinstall does nothing to your hd content and takes 45mins max. simples Smiley Happy

Active Contributor

This is not isolated and the tech support was unable to resolve it either. Here is their response.

"The issue you are having is a known issue and has been escalated to our development team.  They are working on it and will have it resolved in the next update to the software.  We have not been given a timeline on when that will be, due to testing and such.  We do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

August 26, 2010

New Contributor

I`m waiting now one year about these update Smiley Sad