cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harvesters
New Contributor

LogMeIn Memory Leak (RAM Maxing Out)

Hi there,

Recently installed the most recent version of LogMeIn (4.1.14148). Appears there is a memory leak. LogMeIn is now maxing out RAM all available RAM. PC has 8GB of RAM total. PC has most recent Windows updates installed.  Will rollback to previous LogMeIn version for now. Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
harvesters
New Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Memory Leak (RAM Maxing Out)

I have yet to find a resolution for the memory leak. Rolling back the LogMeIn version did not work. I then rolled back the Windows updates. Still no resolution. On the host PC, logmein.exe will spike CPU usage and then shortly after start building up RAM usage until it consumes all RAM and crashes the PC. This is occurring on multiple PCs.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@harvesters  Since the problem began have you created a case with Customer Care to look into further?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
joeBoy
Visitor

I am having a similar issue.  I have a computer with 16 gigs of ram and logmein is using 11 gigs of it ever since updating to the new  4.1.0.14148 (Dec 7 2020 17:55)  Version.  keep checking for a new update, I am sure they are aware and will address it with a new update.

ezki
New Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Memory Leak (RAM Maxing Out) - Logmein failing badly due to unfixable memory leak

Hello Ash,

Years and years of using this product.  The memory leak issues have been going on for some time now.  We are having so many issues with memory leaks.  Having to disable LMI and use a thirdparty RC as a backup.

This really is a disgrace!

Considering we only use the RC feature of the product which has traditionaly been the best part of the product, this is really dissapointing.

WHY IS THIS STILL HAPPENING

AND.  BESIDES WHAT ARE YOU DOING 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Memory Leak (RAM Maxing Out) - Logmein failing badly due to unfixable memory leak

Hi @ezki  

I apologize for the frustrations.  

Since the problem began have you been able to contact Customer Support in order to gather the necessary log files for a detailed investigation? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Robertrr
Active Contributor

I'm having this same issue.  LMI Support has been looking into it for almost two weeks, but nothing suggested has helped.  Has anyone found a resolution for this issue?

Thanks,

Robert