cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMinson
New Contributor

LogMeIn automatically minimises, when zooming out (Photoshop InDesign), or changing windows

I run two monitors on my Laptop, when I log into Logme in (using one monitor) I usually have my email or other apps open on the second monitor (local laptop), I also have a surface pro5 tablet, I use as a third monitor. I use synergy to remote control the surface pro with the same keyboard and mouse attached to my laptop) so I can control all three devices witn one mouse and keyboard (1.Remote session through LogMeIn, 2.Local laptop, 3. Local Surface pro5). 

So I have a setup with 3 monitors. the problem is, with the log me in session maximised on the main monitor, as soon as I click on my local laptop or surface pro, the log me in session minimises, I usually have mutiple suites open to do my job, 3D, and 2D drawings packages, excell and email, pdf etc all need to be open and accessible, and I switch betweeen applications and monitors frequently. HAVING LOG ME IN MINIMISE EVERY TIME YOU SWITCH MONITORS MAKES IT INCREDIBLY INFURIATING TO WORK WITH.

I also use indesign and photoshop, they have keyboard shortcut  "ctrl+alt+spacebar+left mouse click" for zooming out, and as I work on large projects I zoon in and out frequently, using this keyboard combination LogMeIn automatically minimises every time I zoom out INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING AND .  

So, if im working with a combination of switching monitors and zooming in and out, the LogMeIn session is automatically minimising every 10-20 seconds which makes it UNUSABLE. 

Using Log me in really slows me down, can someome please tell me where the setting is or option, to turn off the application from automatically minimising when switging monitors or using keyboard shortcuts for zooming out, why does it do this IT IS INCREDIBLY ANNOYING!

My 3 monitor 2 devise set up (laptop connected to monitor and cintiq screen and surface pro hung over laptop  monitor)My 3 monitor 2 devise set up (laptop connected to monitor and cintiq screen and surface pro hung over laptop monitor)

5 REPLIES 5
AMinson
New Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Application automatically minimises, when zooming out, or changing windows

Ok, I fould the cuilprit, the log me in app releases the window (minimises) when you hit the key combination "ctrl+alt" 

I've looked everywhere for an option to remap this to different combination, or turn off this feature, as I would prefer the window to stay in full screen mode until i tell it to release, its not very good having it release all the time automatically or using commonly used key combinations to release. 

Photoshop and Indesign use the key combination Ctr+alt for navigation, this needs to be either customisable through programming of different keys, or at minimum be an option you can uncheck? 

I navigate continuously through the day, but I would only want to minimise the session... only when i need to go to my local desktop, but as I have two monitors on my local desktop, thet would be NEVER, I dont want it ever to minimise as im working, its to odisruptive to your workflow, it should stey full screen unles I select the minimise window from the top menu. 

Capture2.JPG

AMinson
New Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Application automatically minimises, when zooming out, or changing windows

Ok, so I rang LogMeIn phone support, I said I have identified a serious usability flaw with using LogMeIn with mutiple local monitors and Adobe software that results in the application automatically minimising frequently during operation, making it incredibly frustrating to use and resulting in a huge impact to my workflow. 

I said, surely your engineers could easily create a check box option to turn off  automatic minimising, or at minimum uncheck the use of ctrl+alt as it's automatic release, so there is no conflict with Adobe navigation? 

She said no, they would not do this? She would put a request in, but don't expect anything to change? 

I said, even if this means the software is completely unusable for me, in this set up, they wont update.. No. 

Something that could be affecting lots of users, they just want to ignore... Yes!

I have worked with other software developers and when I have fed back usability flaws, they are usually pretty good at updating, so I was quite taken back by this lack of support. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@AMinson  I apologize for any confusion with your support experience. 

You're in the right place, here in the LMI Community.  This is where we discuss potential enhancement ideas and workarounds to existing problems.  Others can weigh in on your comments and we review these periodically for development.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AMinson
New Contributor

@AshC , Thank you, I would have thought as ctrl+alt (a common Adobe navigation command),  would be more widely aknowledged. and as people are working fromhom more, I would habe thought a second monitor would also be more common. 

But from the sounds of your reply, I get the sense, it's only something you will look into, if a lot of people report the same problem. 

I gues my next step, is to film a video review of how disruptive using LogMeIn is, while using adobe products and to local monitors, upload it to YouTube and see what sort of response I get. 

I have used RDP for years and it never automatically minimises, when you click out of the window or using any software, so using LogMeIn, always automatically minimising, is a huge step backwards for me.  

AMinson
New Contributor

After months of no reply and no action, I finally found a solution, I convinced our IT department to try out alternative  remote connection software. I found Parsec. Specifically developed for the gaming and film industry, it suites creative professionals  people who need to work with demanding 2d and 3d software. 

I've been using it for 2 months flawless and fast! 

Log me in, you really need to look into your development team, not addressing serious usability flaws, will force customer to look for alternatives.