cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanMc
New Contributor

LogMeIn screen resolution menu settings options missing

I am unable to adjust the screen resolution of the host system or in the LogMeIn software. I was able to do this in a previous version of LogMeIn. The other anomaly I notice is that in the host system it shows 4 monitors connected when viewed from LogMeIn even though there are only two. When sitting at the host system it displays only 2 monitors in the settings menu which is correct. I want to change the resolution as my remote screen is 1366 x 768 but the host resolution is 1920 x 1020. I am running Windows 10 OS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bigdesmo21
New Contributor

Re: LogMeIn screen resolution menu settings options missing

OMG fixed....

deselect/uncheck the box next to "blank screen" in the logmein options bar.

should be fixed after that. 

I saw this on another related post and it fixed it right away! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@IanMc   Can you try installing this new test build to see if it improves your performance on the host PC?   https://www.logmeinusercontent.com/links/0ddcef75e609f4f0183b61081a957fd89 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
IanMc
New Contributor

Hello Ash C.

The updated software you emailed to me doesn't solve my problem.

I still cannot adjust the host system display screen resolution either remotely or using the LogMeIn software. The host system has "greyed out" the display resolution option.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@IanMc  Are the host monitors being reflected in the settings?  

Are they both physically attached, and if so how? 

Are you able to manually adjust the host resolutions while remotely connected? 

IanMc
New Contributor

Hello Ash.

Thank you for your reply.

I can do all the adjustments to the displays when I’m sitting in front of & operating the host system.

However, when I’m working remotely using LogMein, I cannot adjust the host monitors resolution & my remote system shows 4 displays even though there are only 2 connected to the host system. Admittedly, Displays 1 & 2 have the adjustment menus “greyed out”, so I assume they a “phantom” displays.

The reason for me wanting to change the resolution of the host system displays is because my remote display resolution is 1366x768 and the host display is 1920x1200.

In a previous version of LogMein, I was able to change the resolution from a selection in a drop-down menu. These options are now missing with only the “match resolution” and the host display screen resolution as options.

Regards,

Ian McBurney

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Can't match resolution

@IanMc  Could you please confirm the LMI build installed, as well as the affected host operating system?

What type of graphics hardware is installed on this Host PC? 

Bigdesmo21
New Contributor

I have the same problem. 

Crazy how it just blink changed one day. My company does updates over nights and weekends so I wonder if it is a software issue? My hardware has not changed for years so should not be an issue with the LMI build and the Driver on the host machine as stated by ASH.

What's also odd is that the resolution tool used to have all the options for every resolution and now it only displays one resolution and that is what ever resolution the monitor is locked on. 

Additionally, I have tried a hack by setting my host machine to 1360x680 before I leave and what's weird is it changes the resolution t to 1440x990 once I log in with logmein.

Bigdesmo21
New Contributor

OMG fixed....

deselect/uncheck the box next to "blank screen" in the logmein options bar.

should be fixed after that. 

I saw this on another related post and it fixed it right away!