cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colorinc
New Contributor

LogMein Pro Crashes using OSX Mojave 10.14.4

Hi Just purchased an new macbook pro running 10.14.4  and i cannot get LMI to connect to my desktop .. just crashes give me this error .. i have tried turning off grey scale while inactive .. disconnected printer etc Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 11.44.54 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
colorinc
New Contributor

Re: LogMein Pro Crashes using OSX Mojave 10.14.4

Figured it out .. when using migration assistant transfering data from macbook air to new macbook pro (both running 10.14.4 ) there was a currupt file within the transfer .... so with a fresh install of the os on the new mac all is running fine 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
colorinc
New Contributor

Figured it out .. when using migration assistant transfering data from macbook air to new macbook pro (both running 10.14.4 ) there was a currupt file within the transfer .... so with a fresh install of the os on the new mac all is running fine 

amactech69

I had a user having the same errors with LogMein after having issued him a brand new computer and using Migration Assistant to transfer the data (MacOS 10.14.5 to 10.14.5).  Since erasing and reinstalling a fresh OS would be too unkind for my people, I logged into another local MacOS account that we create (admin) on the new machine and then had the user launch LogMein from there - sure enough it worked.  Since that narrowed the issue down to being user specific, I took a note of all of the User Library files that LogMein had added/modified.  They were:

Users/(username)/Library/Preferences/com.logmein.ractrlsafari.xml

Users/(username)/Library/Preferences/com.logmein.ractrlsafari.bak.xml

Users/(username)/Library/Saved application state/com.logmein.ignition.savedstate

Users/(username)/Library/Application Support/Logmein Client

Users/(username)/Library/Application Support/com.apple.sharedfilelist
Users/(username)/Library/Caches/*I forgot to notate the exact file here but it was obviously a LogMein file*

After throwing all of those files/folders in the trash and having the user re-launch LogMein client, everything worked perfectly.  It is perhaps the case that only some (or one) of those files (file) needed to be trashed but it won't matter since the LogMein client installer will fill in the gaps. 

Anyway, this reached Tier 3 support at LogMein and the best they had was "it must be a Mac thing," so I'm really hoping this helps some people out!