cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atmosworld
Active Contributor

Loose mouse control when run presentation (Powerpoint)

When I remote into my work computer everything is fine until I RUN a poerpoint presentation. When I run the presentation I loose all mouse contol. Everything is fine when I am designing the presnetation, working on other files and folders, yet as soon as I click run slidehsow - that is it - no mouse. I can press the ALT+CTR_DEL icon and I can then use my mouse to select logoff, restart, task manager (which by the way once selected shows up, but I still have no mouse control). The only thing I can do is restart the remote computer. This happenss everytime I run the presentation. Any ideas on what I can do?

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Loose mouse control when run presentation (Powerpoint)

@atmosworld  Do the arrow keys also fail when you launch into the PPT Presentation Mode?

Are there any messages showing on the remote PC at the time you lose control (on the physical display there)?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
atmosworld
Active Contributor

No messages. 

Yes the keys do work. I can press the windows key to load up the start menu and can even then use the arrows to open other softeare / nagivate. I opened task manager this was and managed to close Powerpoint but there was still no mouse control. 

I have tried a numebr of things and it only happens when I run the presentation. As soon as I do that I  have no mouse - not even a pointer on the screen. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@atmosworld  I'm pretty sure your Mouse is supposed to disappear when not in use, and PowerPoint goes into SlideShow mode, for the purposes of uninterrupted presentations.  The fact that the Arrow keys function indicate you should also be able to send an Esc command to exit the SlideShow if needed...

atmosworld
Active Contributor

The trouble is when i press Esc - I still have no mouse - nothing. Even if I close Powerpoint using the keybaord shortcut keys I still have no mouse. The only way to get the mouse pointer back is to restart the computer. Logging off does not even bring the mouse back. I have full mouse control on everything else, everything works fine until I click the run/show in powerpoint and then it is lost.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@atmosworld  The next troubleshooting step I would perform is visiting your PC's manufacturer website in order to confirm that all your installed drivers are fully up to date.  Afterwich, you'll be asked to reboot the PC, where you can test PPT behavior once again.