cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spinland
New Contributor

MacOS Big Sur host: no mouse click or keyboard input accepted from client

Since upgrading my Mac to MacOS Big Sur I am unable to interact with it via the LogMeIn Client (both MacOS and iOS versions of the client are affected) as it no longer accepts mouse clicks or keyboard input. I've already tried the trick of unchecking/checking the client app in the Security/Accessibility settings app, that did not have any effect.

Is Big Sur not yet supported by LogMeIn?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: File Manager not connecting, Remote works fine, Also drag and drop not working

This issue should be fully resolved.  

If you continue to experience similar problems on Mac OS, please state the OS version and LMI software version installed upon it. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
ktphil5558

Re: MacOS Big Sur host: no mouse click or keyboard input accepted from client

Having the same issue as well.  Big Sur running on Apple silicone.

Spinland
New Contributor

Another data point. When I close the control panel app then re-open it, I'm prompted to click a "get started" button in order to begin the process of registering the app with MacOS security. Problem is, when I click the button it just goes away instead of bringing up the security settings like it's supposed to. The accessibility panel shows both app listings checked as they should be but clearly they are not working and I expect the process to get them approved by Big Sur security is failing.

I've verified this behavior on two different Macs. Looks like a bug in the install and/or configure code.

MyronB
New Contributor

Re: File Manager not connecting, Remote works fine, Also drag and drop not working

Spoke with log me in support today who was very helpful. On the Mac, the log me in app has not yet been fully updated to work with Big Sur operating system

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

This issue should be fully resolved.  

If you continue to experience similar problems on Mac OS, please state the OS version and LMI software version installed upon it. 

ramac10

BIG SUR upgrade LogMeIn not compatible.

I do not think it is fair for a company to have a software product that is NOT ready for new operating systems updates. I know you are informed of Operating Systems upgrades well in advance.

I own a company that relies on LogMeIn for key functions in our daily operations and to tell me that your software is not compatible and that I will have to revert my operating systems to use your software is irresponsible on your part. We pay good money to have a good working software package. Please fix this now.

For all users do not upgrade your MAC IOS to BIG SUR if you need LogMeIn to work, or go find another Software product to use. LogMeIn does not work and is incapable with MAC IOS BIG SIR.

Credimus
Active Contributor

MacOS Big Sur Client: File Transfer Crashes the Client

We can't transfer files from Big Sur platform . Remote access works fine. Just the file transfer crashes the client and you need to restart. currently we have to go to a Windows platform or  Catalina to get that functionality. This was reported over two weeks ago and I have not seen any communications as to when it will be addressed.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: MacOS Big Sur Client: File Transfer Crashes the Client

@Credimus  I'm not sure I've heard of this being reported for Pro endpoint software behavior, but I believe we have a Mac desktop update coming soon anyway.  I did hear the Mac protocols for file transfer changed slightly with the intro of Big Sur, so I'll let you know if we can reproduce and ETA on potential delivery.

bradhs
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Big Sur Client: File Transfer Crashes the Client

Hi @AshC , This is what a majority of people are discussing in the Rescue message board.  This is the thread: https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Rescue-Discussions/Mac-OS-Big-Sur-file-manager-compatibilit...

I know it's in the wrong place, but the OP in that chat is discussing this very issue that is being brought up by this OP.

Thanks, Bradley

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey folks,

While remote access should be possible on Big Sur systems, we do know of some irregularities that occur, similar though not exactly to what you're describing.  I expect a new version to address these in the coming days.  Thanks for your patience while we finalize testing.