cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trflmiuser
Active Contributor

One of two monitors gets set to 640x480 when initially logging in, or when the computer is unlocked.

Windows 10, 20H2. 

I've got about 50 users who successfully use LogMeIn to work from home with no issues. Just this week, one user started experiencing a problem where when he logs into his computer, one of his two monitors is set to 640x480. He's usually able to go into the Windows display settings and change the second monitor back to 1920x1080. On at least one occasion, he was not able to change the resolution.

The host application was a few versions out of date, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it along with any recent windows updates for 20H2, but this didn't help. Unfortunately I don't have any influence over his home setup, though the user tells me that he installed all pending Windows updates and restarted since this first happened. 

I sat at his desk in the office while he logged in from home and observed the monitor switch to 640x480 resolution as he connected. It seems like it's an issue on the host computer, but I'm not sure what to do about it. I turned off the display accelerator just to see if that had anything to do with it. Any other ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: One of two monitors gets set to 640x480 when initially logging in, or when the computer is un...

@trflmiuser Can you tell us what the Host hardware is like, such as model number and graphics driver? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!