cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blakewoolardbio

Password does not work in application

We have a user who is stating that their local account password does not work when trying to remote in with the application but it does work when remoting in with the browser. Is there any explanation for this?

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Password does not work in application

Hi Blake, I can't think of any reason why there would be inconsistencies when entering a password remotely.  From the same client PC, have you been able to test a different remote connection and credential entry, in order to rule out one of those two computers?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
inxs
Active Contributor

I suspect that you are talking about a Windows user and that user has a renamed account.

when you rename an account in Windows the system retains the original username for remote access services.  Check the pc to see if the login user name is in the users directory, if not then the username was renamed somewhere along the way and that is your problem,

epassanita
New Contributor

I reset a password for a certain program while I was at work.  When I'm on my home/host computer I can access this program  with the new password.  But, when I log in to my work computer from the phone app the password I changed on the program doesn't work.  why?