cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmwe30nut

Remote Printing Not Working (single user Pro)

We have a satellite office, and use LMI Pro to connect to a Host Computer at our main office.

We log into the software (scheduling/billing) on the Host Computer.

We suddenly lost remote printing (i.e...we can't print the schedule, receipts, etc. here in the satellite office).

There are a few users...I would assume someone changed a setting somewhere by mistake.

The Local Printer is installed fine on the Client computer.   Prints a test page, shows as the default printer for the local computer, prints anything generated locally fine.

The Log Me In tool bar at the top gives the local printer as the option, and it is checked  as the default once we're logged in to the host computer.   However, whenever we try to print (say a schedule) locally, the Host seems to try to print to One Note.   There is no printer hooked up directly to the Host Computer.

The client printer does NOT show as an option when checking Windows for printers on the Host, and trying to 'add' it doesn't bring up the the client printer when we're logged in to the Host.

Not sure what settings need changed.  

We're not logging into any Web Browser (just our office software), but when we just tried to print a page from Wikipedia (using the Browser on the Host Computer), it does not print either (Tries to save it to XPS printer, which is showing as the default printer on the Host computer).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bmwe30nut

Fixed: Re: Remote Printing Not Working (single user Pro)

Uninstalled the Client Printer (despite it working).

Reinstalled with updated Drivers (Brother Multifunction laser).

Removed all the other 'XPS Printer, One Note, Print to Fax' on the Client.

Restarted the Client Computer.

Restarted the Host Computer.

Finally the log me in tool bar only showed the correct Client Printer.

Now working fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bmwe30nut

Fixed: Re: Remote Printing Not Working (single user Pro)

Uninstalled the Client Printer (despite it working).

Reinstalled with updated Drivers (Brother Multifunction laser).

Removed all the other 'XPS Printer, One Note, Print to Fax' on the Client.

Restarted the Client Computer.

Restarted the Host Computer.

Finally the log me in tool bar only showed the correct Client Printer.

Now working fine.