cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shass
New Contributor

Session Hung? Icon Green? Can't connect...

I am unable to connect to a remote computer.  It is on-line and the console shows the computer's icon green, which I think means that there is a session in progress.  I know, however, that there is not.  I had connected successfully yesterday.  Perhaps that session hung and didn't shut down correctly?  Is there any way to clear that?

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Session Hung? Icon Green? Can't connect...

@shass  Unfortunately if that session got stuck, the only way to reconnect would likely be after a reboot at the endpoint.  Let us know if the behavior continues there.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
shass
New Contributor

Well that is most inconvenient.  Really defeats the purpose, doesn't it.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@shass  It should not be happening on a regular basis, and in my experience the instances often revolve around a specific machine that was in need of a scheduled reboot / update.

casascoco
Active Contributor

Extremely inconvenient.  The same problem happens to me on random computers, requiring my clients to reset their computer before it will allow a reconnect.  I've actually had to have clients install different remote software (Veam Tiewer) just so I am able do the work remotely.  This is unnacceptable for a paid product.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@casascoco  Sorry about that.  Have you contacted Customer Care directly in order to attempt to recreate the connection failure, or gather log files from the affected PC?

Add PC Help
Visitor

Thanks for this - Veam Teamer!!! This has happened to me several times and I live over an hour away from host computer! I am going to try this and also try to have PC do updates manually instead of on a schedule, if that is the case!