cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Sluggish connection

Since our remote users upgraded to the "free" logmein they are now experiencing abnormally slow screen refreshs, 15-20 seconds, each time a screen refresh is needed. They were all working well until this upgrade. We adjusted/lowered their resolution settings in logmein which did not improve performance. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: Sluggish connection

I'm happy to report that since the update released this week we have noticed a SIGNIFICANT performance improvement albiet it's not back to where it was prior to v4 nonetheless it is still praise worthy!  Thanks logmein for listening to your customers and handling this very frustrating issue!

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Active Contributor

Yes!!!!!!!! I tried different machines - I rebooted routers!! - it hit me! Why does this have to happen? The old program was great!!!
New Contributor

Yes i have the same problem, since the upgrade Log Me In is reallsy slow.
Where does it come from?
New Contributor

Hey,

Maybe if enough of us complain they will do something about it. My connection from one particular computer to my logmein pro host is extremely slow, 30 seconds or more for every movement which makes it impossible to use. My logmein free on another computer accessing from same remote computer is fine...................why the problem?

If I didnt need the remote printing option would seriously consider going back to the free version as I have never had a problem with that

OJH
New Contributor

I am finding it slower to connect too.  Once connected, it appears unchanged, but it is taking 10-20 seconds longer to connect than it used to.
New Contributor

I am facing the same on a PRO2 session. The screen refresh is quite normal (when it refreshes), but all mouse clicks and key strickes are taking 30 seconds to react.
New Contributor

Wow!!!

After the most recent upgrade I am now tempted to remove Logmein altogether and use the GPL Ultra VNC instead. The screen refresh is just amazingly slow - totally unacceptable for any kind of real use. Sad too, I really enjoyed using Logmein Free. I hope they can fix this problem soon.

Smiley Sad

New Contributor

Absolutely! They upgraded the appearance and killed the performance. Bumms me out it was very cool to work from home efficiently but now it's just frustrating.
New Contributor

Add me to the list of "slower after upgrade" users...  I don't know what is going on, but ever since the new interface has been installed it's been at least 2x slower for me.  I even played with the options to reduce the quality to "speadsheet" mode and it's still as slow!  I used to be able to play slow-paced flash games remotely (such as some turret defense, etc...), but now it's not possible anymore!

I don't know if LogMeIn admins read these threads, but they should really work on giving us the same speed as before.  I won't complain about the new interface, I actually thinks it looks pretty good, but if the speed can't be as good as before give us the old version!

New Contributor

Add me as another.  We have 3 people working remotely from 9 to 5, speed is, at best, 50% of what it used to be and the new version appears to be eating all the bandwidth in our 5 MBPS cable connection at times. 

Anyone know if it is possible to roll back to the older version?  The upgrade seemed to have forced us into the new version... which I now regret doing on all the computers as I cannot run a direct comparision.