cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Sluggish connection

As a result of your feedback, we are planning to soon release updates to the host software and website plug-ins. You will see these updates in the coming days; specifically, they will address the performance issues that some of you are seeing. We hope these updates improve your experience, and appreciate your continuing comments.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Amanda,

THANK YOU for the update.

I have six new client locations that were scheduled to register  & go live with LMIPro.  We've postponed their roll-out hoping that good news might be forthcoming.  Without these updates, they would have switched to a competitor product (along with their prior locations/subscriptions).

We anxiously await the updates, and appreciate your help in keeping everyone informed.

New Contributor

when we could expect that updates coz is impossible to work anything with log me in in these conditions?

this update gave us lots of unecessary things like central panel or how you call it and reduced most important thing and reason for purchasing this tool..fast and secure remote control.. 

Active Contributor

Amanda, that is certainly good news, when can we expect to see the update?
New Contributor

Same problem - deadly slow.  Also chews up 80%+ of the CPU resources.

Has anyone figured out how to revert to an earlier version?

As it stands Pro2 is a DOG.

New Contributor

I found out a culprit that may be causing the slowless, at least in some cases. My software firewall has the ability to filter web traffic (port 80). I disabled this and I've been consistently getting a very responsive LMI.
New Contributor

And, of course, the latest software release update (today) slowed down what was a very satisfactory response time.
New Contributor

Oddly enough, I've solved the problem on one of my systems, though I doubt that this is the "preferred" solution:

I downgraded the subscription on one of my systems from Pro2 to the Free version.  The result: EXCELLENT performance returned!  The response time is IMMEDIATE, just as it was before the new and improved LMIPro2 "upgrade".

My interpretation of "excellent performance" is that the mouse actually moves on the screen as if I were in front of the remote machine; screen updates are immediate; windows an be re-sized, moved, minimized, etc... ALL AS IF YOU WERE AT THE ACTUAL WORKSTATION!

Does this sound familiar to anyone else?  (as in, wasn't this the EXCELLENT product we subscribed to in the first place?).

My next step will be to analyze which systems -need- the extra capabilities of the Pro2 (paid) subscription, and which ones are better served by the FREE version.  My first impression is that I'll be downgrading numerous systems to the free version in the next week or so, saving several hundreds of dollars in subscription fees in the process.

I'd rather pay for a "Pro" version that works, but if it isn't available, I'll be forced to downgrade or change to another service.

LMI:  PLEASE FIX THE PRO2 SOFTWARE (or replace it with the engine that runs the FREE version!) 

New Contributor

Where are the updates?  Your post is dated Sept 23, seven days ago.  We need results now.  We cannot afford to wait another week.  We will go to another service if we cannot get satisfaction.

Active Contributor

I'm happy to report that since the update released this week we have noticed a SIGNIFICANT performance improvement albiet it's not back to where it was prior to v4 nonetheless it is still praise worthy!  Thanks logmein for listening to your customers and handling this very frustrating issue!